Battlestar Galactica movie?

I like the old series as a fine, but poorly aged example of its day.

Did enjoy much of the new series. The designs were pretty cool and I have the Titanium Galactica on my desk right now. Not that the new series didn't have its flaws. It was probably one season too long and the ending seemed almost like an afterthought. I kinda liked the general feel of the universe.

Curious to see how the Singer version turns out, curious to see their version of the Galactica.

Last edited:
Singer's version is completely unnecessary at this point.

May as well have Richard Hatch film his "Second Coming" BSG series and throw that in the mix too. Then we can have HR Puffenstuff guest star in a special made for SyFy movie with Debbie Gibson and tie them together. Because that really needs to be done.

We have the Ron Moore series.

...and I love the "new" Battlestar Galactica. It is simply the best television show I've ever watched. That series entertained me like nothing else. Waiting from week to week and assinine SyFy channel season breaks.

Well said JD!

I a huge fan of the Original show, like many here, i grew up watching the show in 1978 as a teenager.Over the past few years, it has been a dream come true, to have worked on a crew of model builders who actually have built 2 Studio Scale Galacticas. 1 was shown for over a year at the Sci-fi Museum in Seattle (wish i could have made it up to see it) See Photo below:
When the Moore version of the show first aired, i was skeptical. Starbuck as a girl? Boomer a girl? etc..? i was like WTF? However, after watching many episodes, i was really surprised at the freshness of the show. Most sci-fi are so derived in feel from and try to copy, or seem like wanna-be Star Trek, Star Wars or 2001 rip offs, and yet here was something which, i feel had taken a bold step to really create their OWN vision. From the music,the flawed characters, turning pre-conceived notions of old school characters and breathing new life into them,the adult themes, the photography, the stories, all in my opinion, were really amazing and i give that show very high praise. It is probably one of thee BEST television shows i have ever seen.

Some old school fans will never be able to watch the Moore version because of principle. or maybe they watched a few minutes, or parts of 1 or 2 episodes, but just couldn't get into it, because it just wasn't the show they loved. And that's OK. What bothers me, is when some of those same fans, cop and attitude, that anyone who loves the NEW show is a Moron, or not as "hardcore" a Galactica fan as them. Believe me, if the new show had sucked, i would understand, but Holy Hell, the Moore BSG is a damn good show. And i'm glad i watched it.
113011_01_lrg.jpg

No! One reimagining is enough. Why can't it be about another Battlestar? Stop rewriting the whole thing. They already got it done right once, then perfect with the Olmos BSG.

Boy they're going to beat this cashcow to death aren't they? Given the size of the battlestar universe you think they could use another ship. Better yet make it about that other earth they found that wiped itself out.

Maybe it will be better than that latest abomination but I don't hold out much hope! :lol

Look at it this way, new props to replicate, new models to build, new costumes to make, etc...

I am stoked....
Loved TOS...
The Problem with the Re-boot was... I don't think, the writers thought it had staying power.. After the first few episodes, the miss collusion & reworking on how stuff was going to work really took it's toll... A little better direction would have been nice,...

The definitely got it Right with Blood & Chrome.

BSG is Simple...

We are all Kyle Reese's....we Kill T600's, they kill us...
Add in a Sexy Do Gooder, a Hot Playboy...
Some Super Hot Chicks...
Bring back the Original Viper... Bro... You got a winner.

Throw in a Ship of Lights, Laser Bolas & a Pegasus.... It's Golden.

I want to be in a Launch Tube..! "Vipers Launch !"

Death to the Tin Cans ! ! !

BTW...
Rigel..............Hot
Cassiopeia.....Hot
Athena...........Hot
Brie...............Hot
Dietra............Foxy
Serina............Hot
Brie...............Hot,... Thats Right... I said it twice...

I feel like this could actually be done well.. I'm just so sick of hearing about new reboots of this or that. Also, good luck competing with the new Star Wars movies :lol

All of this has happened before... and all of it will happen again... and again... and again....because there's apparently no new ideas in the movie industry anymore.

It's about properties, not about stories....

All I can think is, how much great sci-fi is out there that won't be made because of yet another reboot

I wasn't into the reimagined series as soon as I head Starbuck was a female, but you know what, I was wrong, because that show was pretty good. I would have liked to have seen Starbuck, Apollo, and Boomer being buddies, but it was still good. This could be good too.

Sometimes you have to roll the hard six!

The first BSG was the best maybe because it got cancelled before the writers could totally screw it up by finding Earth and ending the suspense.

The reboot had a lot of good in the beginning but it collapsed under the weight of the ever more ridiculous storyline, weird character arcs , and an ending that was as implausible as it was silly.

A second proposed reboot is yet another sign that the entertainment industry is out of ideas...but it doesn't matter because they know people will check out the latest reboot anyway.

Blood and Chrome was a good effort that was delivered (broadcast) poorly. If you look at B&C as one in a series of young Adama's adventures in becoming the man we got to know later, the show was cool. In my mind, the weak spot was the lead actor (Luke Pasqualino), but everyone else was on point.

A small budget didn't help either, but the show had a lot of promise.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back