Battlestar Galactica movie?

That's a good thing. And if it can do as well or better than Moore's creation, well then that's also a good thing. As much as I enjoyed the campy original series and absolutely love the new, reimagined series, I'm open to another interpretation. It won't taint my affinity for the old man and his crew. And it certainly won't taint my childhood fondness for the series that got me deeper in love with space fantasy. I'll probably just have to get used to yet another Starbuck.

:behave

I just hope Appolo and Starbuck are both guys.

I hope it is a better newer version of the old ORIGINAL.

Never got into the new one. Though Edward J Olmos was a GREAT Adama. Very Lorne Greene like... the rest I couldn't get into...

I DID love the RAZOR mini series. And wish the new show woulda stuck with that look and feel. Create NEW NAMES for your main characters. You want your ace pilot to be a chinese girl? COOL! Call her something else!

I really really enjoyed the reimagined series, and the thought of this movie has me a bit concerned. I like Singer's work, but just personally feel that it is to close to the end of Moore's series for yet another reboot/reimagining.

is this a made for scifi movie or a theatrical release? I for one would love to see a great BSG made for theaters.

Never got into the Moore version, so I hope, whichever way this new movie goes, is nothing like his.

Don't see it then.

Singer's version was in the works before the Series

I really really enjoyed the reimagined series, and the thought of this movie has me a bit concerned. I like Singer's work, but just personally feel that it is to close to the end of Moore's series for yet another reboot/reimagining.

I adored the Moore series and sort of enjoyed the original. I remember seeing it on Scifi went it first started. I'll check it out though.

Still Olmos is my Adama.

Singer's version was in the works before the Series

What does that have to do with the price of apples? Regardless of how long it was in development Hades, we just had a vastly popular BSG series end and comparisons are inevitable. He's waited this long, why not give it a few more years to reduce that likelihood?

I'm not flat-out saying I won't see it, but he's gonna have to really wow me to get my money before it comes out on dvd.

I enjoyed the original series, but loved the reimagined series even more, WHY?
BSG TOS was 25 plus years old from a time when there was no conflict or chance for character development, where as BSG RI kept it real. BSG RI is gritty, people die, have fights, hold grudges, where as BSG TOS, things changed form one week to another.
And the SFX in BSG RI are frakking fantastic, god love CGI
okay Lee Adama changed sides more times than needed, but, it was more real the BSG TOS.
Remember what television was like back in the 70's and 80's, it was great, but when you buy the dvd sets of your favorite series, and watch it, you gringe( well I do, especially Space 1999)
The memory is better than the reality.
As for another BSG, bring it on, and I will watch it

Ummm because there are a TON of old school fans who think that new Series was a poorly written, lazily done, abomination.

If you don't want to see it because it's, "To Soon" for you, don't go simple as that. :rolleyes

There are plenty others who will go see it and want it done

What does that have to do with the price of apples? Regardless of how long it was in development Hades, we just had a vastly popular BSG series end and comparisons are inevitable. He's waited this long, why not give it a few more years to reduce that likelihood?

I'm not flat-out saying I won't see it, but he's gonna have to really wow me to get my money before it comes out on dvd.

Last edited:
My question was always, why couldn't they come up with their own character names and main plot around all that "drama".

Why basically steal the history of something else then make it something completely different?

Because it is not really Battlestar Galactica.

We have no idea how or where the original show and it's values and lessons would have taken us, simply because it was the most expensive show ever made at the time and had to face NETWORK ratings.

If the nuBSG had to face the same thing it wouldn't have made it 6 episodes.

Bryan Singer

I’m a huge fan of the original series and of the second show, too. But I always thought the first show was a little too heavily reliant on ‘Star Wars,’ you know? Whereas I think the second show was really original and really cool. And I think I’ve come up with a way to write this movie that won’t **** any of that up. I’m not sure how much they want me to talk about it. Let’s just say it’s not what you expect. It will all work in the universe that exists. It will not conflict with anything Ron Moore has done. I don’t think you can compete with what he’s done.
-John Orloff
writer of Singer's BSG

I still think this is needless remake. The series is still way too recent and was way too good... although that quote definitely has me interested. Bring Ron Moore on as a producer, writer, something and I'll buy it.​

As a kid growing up in the 70's I loved the original series but when I look at it now as an adult you see it as a cheesey , and a way for the T.V. execs to cash in on the "Star Wars" Craze at the time. They never even found earth and cancelled the show and then created that Galactica in the 80's which was right up there with the "Ford Pinto". The new series was pretty good and at least it didn't leave you hanging. I don't know about a Galactica movie after this guy Jacked up the last Superman movie.

Because NBC/Universal wanted to make money off the BSG name. Thankfully we got a truly original show out of the deal and not remakes of old BSG scripts with CG ships tossed in. In the end, the only thing the two share is the basic concept and a few names (Although most of those names became callsigns). That's how these things work, studios don't want to take a chance anymore so they go with established brands.

So we might as well sit back and hope for something good every now and then. Because there is going to be a lot more of it in the future.

My question was always, why couldn't they come up with their own character names and main plot around all that "drama".

Why basically steal the history of something else then make it something completely different?

Because it is not really Battlestar Galactica.

We have no idea how or where the original show and it's values and lessons would have taken us, simply because it was the most expensive show ever made at the time and had to face NETWORK ratings.

If the nuBSG had to face the same thing it wouldn't have made it 6 episodes.

I don't even consider the "new" show Galactica, so yeah bring it on.

I'm with you all the way.
To be fair, I tried to watch the new BSG and I just couldn't get into it. It was like a completely new show with very vague remnants of the original. It was too serious and you had to stay on top of it to know what was going on.
The original, though dated, was fun with cool effects. I think if you took the same characters with all the same props and improve the effects a bit it could most certainly work today. Sure improve the story for todays standards but still keep it fun.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back