Battlestar Galactica Cylon War Painting

dstreety

If you're any type of fanboy you know and love the Cylon War painting that hung behind Adama's desk in the new Battlestar Galactica TV series. I think it became a fan favorite because of how it subtily depicted the old school cylons in the battle. I believe the painting is featured in the third episode of season 1? Anyway, I was surfing, looking for the painting and I came across an amatuer snapshot of it from the first big BSG auction. This is before flickr began regulating the size of the files so it was pretty large pict file. I was able to distort it back into square, retouch out other props that were in front of it and came up with a fairly nice representation. My final upsized digital file is 34"x28" and over 250mgs. Anyway, it was high resolution enough that I was able to take the file to a sign shop and have it printed out on natural canvas (not cheap) then I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a set of wooden canvas frames, like you stretch blank canvas on to paint, and had the whole thing framed to create a pretty nice prop replica that hangs in my office.

View attachment 52840

Battlestar Galactica Cylon War Painting | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If you're any type of fanboy you know and love the Cylon War painting that hung behind Adama's desk in the new Battlestar Galactica TV series. I think it became a fan favorite because of how it subtily depicted the old school cylons in the battle. I believe the painting is featured in the third episode of season 1? Anyway, I was surfing, looking for the painting and I came across an amatuer snapshot of it from the first big BSG auction. This is before flickr began regulating the size of the files so it was pretty large pict file. I was able to distort it back into square, retouch out other props that were in front of it and came up with a fairly nice representation. My final upsized digital file is 34"x28" and over 250mgs. Anyway, it was high resolution enough that I was able to take the file to a sign shop and have it printed out on natural canvas (not cheap) then I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a set of wooden canvas frames, like you stretch blank canvas on to paint, and had the whole thing framed to create a pretty nice prop replica that hangs in my office.

View attachment 52840

Battlestar Galactica Cylon War Painting | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

That's awesome... Just out of curiosity...how long was the working time and what was the final cost of the printing and framing?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back