Young Frankenstein painting

This may have been a reference photo taken for the painting(s):

Ive taken that reference photo and started editing it to attempt to make it look like an oil painting. I want to keep it black and white however because i feel like that would be a cool thing to have framed.
Here is what I have so far, and keep in mind its a very rough edit and i'd appreciate feedback.
frankenSTEINpainting.png

Hey folks,
I'm digging this back up to see if anyone has a source or file for this painting (the stern visage version). I found it on RPS but some research here exposed them to deal in recasting. Our Halloween party is YF themed so I'd really like to hang this next to the bookcase entry for the laboratory staircase.
I have a fairly low res version I could print for the party but would love to have a HQ version on canvas for my library, it's nothing but but books and papers at this point! ;)

I mean its far from screen accurate but here's something you could try and use?View attachment 1501251
This worked out really well for what I'm doing. I had it printed as a poster 18"x24" and put it on the glass over a family photo. Even though it's not SA I might still use this version for a canvas print to permanently frame later. Thanks again goldenage :cool: (y)
This is the lighting in the hallway leading to the laboratory staircase.IMG_20211027_180000282.jpg

Attachments

• Portraits_from_young_Frankenstein.png
    Portraits_from_young_Frankenstein.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
  • Portrait_painting_Victor_Frankenstein_1.jpg
    Portrait_painting_Victor_Frankenstein_1.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
How's this? --Ed
I like this photograph as a painting, but if you compare it with the screenused painting you can see, that the face is a little bit different :)
Maybe changing the eyes would help alot

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 29
  • Gene_Wilder_Reference.png
    Gene_Wilder_Reference.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 29

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back