Battlestar Galactica 2003 scratch build

Excactley

Models of your favorite starship designs in your favorite starship model...
Right, I’m at work and it’s been hectic. I wasn’t thinking. Yeah for sure, Korban is making me a Falcon and I think I can get old school raiders from Shapeways but I reckon I’ll need a bit more clutter

You wouldn’t think this would be so, involved of a process would you

Attachments

• 4F250E36-DFDB-443F-B78A-3A19A31B7B20.jpeg
    4F250E36-DFDB-443F-B78A-3A19A31B7B20.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
  • CDE1C6EC-3B71-424F-B67F-8EBAAF61CBE0.jpeg
    CDE1C6EC-3B71-424F-B67F-8EBAAF61CBE0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
You wouldn’t think this would be so, involved of a process would you
I'd think damn that is great work... Those pods are curved in every direction, nothing is straight. So it's defenatly not an easy job.

You should model a couple of the old mk 2 vipers and bunch of deck hands and pilots pulling them... Like in the miniseries. Just a thought.

You could probably get away with them just bering paper cutouts if they're further back than the museum window.

Well here’s the latest on the starboard flight pod, coming along pretty good. I messed up a little bit and had to compensate so the inside won’t exactly look identical to the other one but it’s minor. Besides we don’t really know that things were changed up a bit when they made it a museum, right?

Attachments

• 26C7FB90-E9EE-4D15-8644-C51482A66CD9.jpeg
    26C7FB90-E9EE-4D15-8644-C51482A66CD9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
  • 0DEC9324-5697-4241-A4AC-30D2A7F2A55B.jpeg
    0DEC9324-5697-4241-A4AC-30D2A7F2A55B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
  • 81EA462B-C2AD-443E-A594-DE1458AD6C10.jpeg
    81EA462B-C2AD-443E-A594-DE1458AD6C10.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 81
I love it!

And you are right, if any one asks, there is a valid reason to have a difference for a museum
You guys are being way too good to me on this, I’m not that good. Nevertheless I appreciate every bit of it. My brothers, I place a priceless value on our friendships and connections we’ve made and hope they last a very long time

Well here’s the latest on the starboard flight pod, coming along pretty good. I messed up a little bit and had to compensate so the inside won’t exactly look identical to the other one but it’s minor. Besides we don’t really know that things were changed up a bit when they made it a museum, right?
It's a giftshop now... Kara says so in the miniseries.

That looks fantastic, no one will notice, if you hadn't said it, neither one of us would have.

Besides those die-cast models of the old girl, and the ice-cream, do take up a lot of space... So major remodeling was nessecary.

You guys are being way too good to me on this, I’m not that good. Nevertheless I appreciate every bit of it. My brothers, I place a priceless value on our friendships and connections we’ve made and hope they last a very long time
Don't sell yourself short, you are better than you think.

This was quite an undertaking and I doubt if I had attempted this it would look nearly as good

Nah, you guys could slam this. It’s way sloppy but it’s good experience for the next one lol
Slopy or not. Taking this on speaks to the size of your... Well, you know! And working with styrene, is a bitch either way, getting that stuff strait is hard as hell.

On the next build, I'm sure combining it with MDF for some of the major parts, or maybe even aluminum will help you keep it more straight. But what do I know. We're all humbled by this massive undertaking... And you even have the nerve to proclaime the next build.

I bow to the size of your reproductive organs!

Slopy or not. Taking this on speaks to the size of your... Well, you know! And working with styrene, is a bitch either way, getting that stuff strait is hard as hell.

On the next build, I'm sure combining it with MDF for some of the major parts, or maybe even aluminum will help you keep it more straight. But what do I know. We're all humbled by this massive undertaking... And you even have the nerve to proclaime the next build.

I bow to the size of your reproductive organs!
Lol, thanks

Time to add museum pieces. Does anyone have any images, photos, concept sketches, or anything on the interior of the starboard flight pod?

Attachments

• 576B0550-765B-4E39-BB65-98E87366CFBF.jpeg
    576B0550-765B-4E39-BB65-98E87366CFBF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • E8C92F5D-97A9-4FE5-830B-5DEEDECD4C21.jpeg
    E8C92F5D-97A9-4FE5-830B-5DEEDECD4C21.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
Only scenes I can think of is the in the miniseries where you see a classic Cylon centurion and a basestar.

Other scene is where a Cylon heavy raider crashes through the museum window. Tho I can't remember the episode. I'll have to look that up ones I get home from work.

I still think you should just choose models of your favorite ship designs.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back