Battle Damage/Scarred and Weathered TASM (WIP) WonderCon pictures added 4/1/13

Re: Battle damage/heavy weathered tasm (wip)

Looks great Fett, suits you well !
And those lenses looks top.. Are these from the MCL34N shell/lens combo ?

Started doing some airbrushing tests on a scrap piece today:

20130216_135334.jpg

20130216_152920.jpg

Looking forward to starting on my actual suit but I'm crazy busy with the rest of our commissions so I'm unable to put all my time into this for now. Also, now that I got screwed out of Comic-Con tix I have to say I've lost a bit of my motivation to get this completed any time soon. :(

I have the exact zipper placements in my suit, that turned out great :thumbsup

Wow tickets sold out already? Damn I was really considering going too... Don't lose motivation man those tests look great!

Wow tickets sold out already? Damn I was really considering going too... Don't lose motivation man those tests look great!

Thanks bro..nah, just kidding. I do have to finish it rather quick cause I'm only borrowing the airbrushing equipment. It just sucks cause, like a lot of other people out there who didn't get a badge, I was up and ready this morning and the site/servers couldn't handle the capacity just as everyone had expected. After watching it load for an hour and a half I knew I was SOL. Oh well...there's always WonderCon or DragonCon even...

Yup what I think screws a lot of people out of tickets are the fact that they do early pre-sales for people that go the year before. That and it's getting bigger and bigger each year. I went in 2008 and bought tickets in May!

Thanks bro..nah, just kidding. I do have to finish it rather quick cause I'm only borrowing the airbrushing equipment. It just sucks cause, like a lot of other people out there who didn't get a badge, I was up and ready this morning and the site/servers couldn't handle the capacity just as everyone had expected. After watching it load for an hour and a half I knew I was SOL. Oh well...there's always WonderCon or DragonCon even...

wow!! thats some nice airbrushing there bro!! great work. I am going to pmed you about you keeping that equipment longer :p I migth need a battle damage suit :)

wow!! thats some nice airbrushing there bro!! great work. I am going to pmed you about you keeping that equipment longer :p I migth need a battle damage suit :)

Got your PM bro. Yeah, I think we can work something out. I'll email you back. Max Jenius also confirmed he wants his print weathered too :)

So after puff painting like a maniac all weekend I promised myself I would work on this project for today. Here is what I accomplished:

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

Close up of the scars

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

I'm still doing some tests for the webbing I'm applying to the right leg. I probably won't get to this part until I get the rest of the mannequin which should be here in a couple weeks.

20130303_152009.jpg

If you like the look. I'm offering this service for a limited time so PM if you're interested.

Thanks for looking.

Re: Battle Damage/Scarred and Weathered TASM (WIP) Updates with pics on 3rd page 3/3/

Wow those scars look absolutely incredible!

Thanks BW. The scars are pretty inconsistent from promo shots, posters etc. to what is in the film. So for mine, I did a hybrid of sorts of these 3 shots. For anyone looking for a specific look, I can of course, accomodate.

S11.jpeg

The-Amazing-Spider-Man-2012.jpeg

072912spiderman2_512x288.jpeg

Re: Battle Damage/Scarred and Weathered TASM (WIP) Updates with pics on 3rd page 3/3/

Wow good eye! I honestly had never even considered that. How much more do you think you're gonna air brush the rest of your suit?

Wow good eye! I honestly had never even considered that. How much more do you think you're gonna air brush the rest of your suit?

Probably a lot LOL! I want mine SUPER beat up. Plus, it helps hide certain imperfections with the print which came out way too dark. I'm especially airbrushing the high-stretch areas because do look faded out when worn. So the airbrushing helps there too.

Loving this! Great work man.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back