Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

I have a bad feeling about this and it's not intended as a pun. If they start cramming so many characters in, what's the point in calling it MoS? It's JL - and I hope they keep the cameos at the end of the movies. I would only read N52 because of the terrific art of Kenneth Rocafort… but I hate nearly all of their new costumes. Except that of Diana, if they only fused the old pants of JMS and the current Lee version, that'll be rad.

Well, when you think of it, there is no official name for it yet, and Zack didn't say it is a MoS sequel, he just introduced a sequel with Superman and Batman in it, and that's all he said at that time even if I believe they already knew there would be more than Bats and Supes in it. Gal Gadot is training in diverse martial arts and sword fighting and bulking up for this, so I don't think she'll just have a small cameo.
I don't know if it's going to be a full blown JL or not, but I don't think it would be bad if it is indeed. Just because Marvel made solo movies before the Avengers doesn't mean DC has to, Comicbookmovie.com has a point, LOTR has no solo prequels and yet it was a huge success with several main cast members sharing the screen so it can be done. It just has to be done right, and there won't be any overcrowding problems.
I just hope Snyder Goyer and Affleck can pull it off !

I think they would have more success launching a GL, WW, Flash and rebooting Bats solo projects by doing a Justice League movie first to get people warmed up and interested in them after the bad Ryan Reynolds attempt

Also it will differentiate them from Marvel. If they cast a main Bad Guy for Bats and Superman to fight together, then introduce a larger force at the end they could set it up well for a JL movie and just do cameos in this one for the set up.

I think it'll be easy to write in a new GL. There was no set timeline for the Reynolds GL and who knows when this new one will be set. Really, they barely even have to mention Hal Jordan in passing. "Jordan is on assinment at xyz planet in his quadrant." Problem solved.

I think it'll be easy to write in a new GL. There was no set timeline for the Reynolds GL and who knows when this new one will be set. Really, they barely even have to mention Hal Jordan in passing. "Jordan is on assinment at xyz planet in his quadrant." Problem solved.

That's true. Also, I don't know that they would even need to mention it at all let alone allow the Reynolds GL to be included in this set of movies.

They could ignore that franchise all together like they did when shifting away from (rebooted) the Eric Banna Hulk over to the Edward Norton Hulk... They actually said at one point to forget that movie ever happened. I think that could work here also and help the audience move on.

They could ignore that franchise all together like they did when shifting away from (rebooted) the Eric Banna Hulk over to the Edward Norton Hulk... They actually said at one point to forget that movie ever happened. I think that could work here also and help the audience move on.

They could ignore it but it wouldn't necessarily be needed.
It's funny that they ignore the Eric Bana Hulk when doing the Norton Hulk, but it started out in the same part of the world that he left off in at the end of the "first" one (somewhere in South America).

There were aspect of both Hulk movies that I liked and hated. I really think they went with a horrible design for Abomination. But then "Absorbing Man" being his father was kind of ridiculous too. Both designs of the Hulk were ok, but neither compare to the Avengers. They just nailed it with that one 100%.

They have said GL is getting a reboot at some time. I don't mind Ryan Reynolds as GL or an actor, but the sad part is he was in a movie that was just horrible. No character set up, bad script, he trained for 15 minutes and gave up (some strong will he's got) then went back like he was all that after a peep talk from his girlfriend. So IMHO, just call that one dead and never happened. Do another version of GL so people won't get so confused who don't follow the films or comics that closely.

I can kind of agree with what someone said above. Give Superman and Batman their own film with maybe a cameo at the end of one or two of them, which leads into a GL, WW, Flash film. Then put them all together. It's a way to introduce them in a different way without giving them solo films off the bat like Marvel.

And those who are comparing this to LOTR. I love LOTR. They had a lot of characters, great set up and back story for them all. But you have to remember, they could do a lot of "unknown" characters being introduced in one film because the movies were 3 hours long a piece which allowed for more character development. Also they had a lot to pull from with Tolkens books. Don't get me wrong there are a ton of good stories to pull from with the comics, but not one set story that could be so easily translated to the big screen that would do them all justice. No pun intended.

Next latest rumor, now that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is in talked to play a DC character, the speculation has begun to start. The rumor has gone from only being in talks to Shazam (Which WB already said they wouldn't do since his powers resemble Supes too much) to playing an unknown villain, to possibly being Green Lantern. Now the latest is he is Lex Luthor himself. I would love to see the rock as a villain. I'm not opposed to him playing Lex, but I think that would be a waste of muscle mass so to speak. Should be Darkseid or Metallo or Doomsday. Something superpowered. Just my thoughts.

The rumor about Wonder Woman's movie debut will make your head explode

if true...

breakzack_zps7193466b.jpg

This neck can't break enough.

Yeah... if WW's origina ends up being Kryptonian they will effectively **** off a lot of fans. There is absolutely NO reason to do that.

I think this is probably as much speculation and conjecture as anything else right now though. That's the thing about social media and the internet in general: everyone has a voice. Problem is in a sea of anonymity there's no litmus test for credibility, so if an idea sounds good to the right people it takes on a life of its own and goes viral and nobody questions the source.

Has there been any word lately regarding Alfred? I heard a rumor last year that Timothy Dalton had been approached, but it has been unconfirmed. The most I ever heard was that Dalton simply said 'let's just wait and see!' (or something to that effect)

I really hope it's true as he was my favorite Bond and he's just too good an actor for how little-known he is to the general public. I'd love to see him in a big budget movie again

Some fan-art I came across; he certainly fits the bill IMO

dalton+as+alfred.jpg

If DC really wanted to screw with us they could just make WW the Kryptonian that emerged from the empty pod in MoS.
... Don't do this to us DC

I don't think she'll be an 18,000 year old Kryptonian... but I wouldn't be surprised if that part from the original movie gets resolved somehow in this next one.

New round rumors the last day or so say Bryan Cranston has been cast as Luthor. The clincher claimed by many is that AMC Movie Talk's John Campea has supposedly confirmed it.

Also, the latest rumor on the bat suit is that it will look very Alex Ross-ish - which, to me, is the worst idea I've heard since Greedo shooting first.

Geez… I and some members did had a nice discussion on the chat - if DC really wants to screw us soo hard - I would be totally done - not only that they want to shove New 52 down our throat (and deal with it attitude) if that's true about Wonder Woman… arrgh!! I don't want to imagine this…

If DC really wanted to screw with us they could just make WW the Kryptonian that emerged from the empty pod in MoS. :lol
... Don't do this to us DC

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back