Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Im not against small changes but WW being even a little bit kryptonian would be too much. She's amazon period and would rather it stays like that so they can delve deeper in that world in a possible stand alone movie.

Im not against small changes but WW being even a little bit kryptonian would be too much. She's amazon period and would rather it stays like that so they can delve deeper in that world in a possible stand alone movie.

More importantly, it's like what people have said about Lucas and how everything is interconnected in the prequels, all that this connected does is make the world smaller, too small. There's no reason for Supes & WW (or any other DC super hero except Super Girl) to be so connected beyond shared values and membership in the JL.

If there was two planets of humanoids in the galaxy, there could be more...... I don't mind WW being part alien, but as was mentioned, there's no need to make her Kryptonian.

I don't like the idea of Kryptonians having visited Earth and that whole outpost thing... to me, that was just a poor plot point Snyder & co. needed to have Zod come smash crap up on Earth.

But, since that happened... well, I don't think it's necessarily a bad way to explain Amazonian power.

The problem with this is most people seeing this movie are not going to really know her back story anyway. They can take this and do several things with it. I for one don't have a huge problem with changing the origin story a smidge but to say that she is from Krypton might be a over board.

She wouldn't be from krypton, that's where people seem to be making the mistake. The ancestry would be. Just because your roots can be traced to a region does not make you from that region. You are from whatever you are born but have ties to your heritage. And since it would be millennia since that ship arrived the bloodline would be diluted down enough that she wouldn't have the same powers anyways. Also in the tie in comic book the person that left the pod was Kara Zor el. His cousin, if they explore that or not remains to be seen.

Robinson I see your point and I understand what you are saying. It's just IMO that would be lazy saying that is how she has powers. If they just have to change her origin a bit there are so many other ways that you could go with it that could be really entertaining. I also hate to be this way but outside of comic lovers and talking more about the general public that will make up the majority of the movie audience they don't know her origin that well/at all. To most she is a second tier character or some title 9 accommodation. I just think if done correctly they could do some things to make her very main stream. Again just IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
She wouldn't be from krypton, that's where people seem to be making the mistake. The ancestry would be. Just because your roots can be traced to a region does not make you from that region. You are from whatever you are born but have ties to your heritage. And since it would be millennia since that ship arrived the bloodline would be diluted down enough that she wouldn't have the same powers anyways. Also in the tie in comic book the person that left the pod was Kara Zor el. His cousin, if they explore that or not remains to be seen.

I think you're missing the broader picture here. It's not about being from the actual planet Krypton that's the issue, it's make her and the Amazons Kryptonian. You make her Kryptonian, you are downgrading her to a "Superman" character, a character who cannot exist in her own way without acknowledging that Superman has to exist. That is not a fair approach to Wonder Woman, the most iconic female super hero ever. Batman has his own material that don't acknowledge Superman and Wonder Woman, just as Superman has stories that don't acknowledge Wonder Woman or Batman. She should not have to rely on any element from other DC character to be her own thing.

I saw articles about the rumor being false a couple days ago, with so many Hollywood types here I'm surprised the convo lasted as long as it did.

I see what your saying jeyl about the interconnectivity and with that I agree, how ever her "iconic" status ended in the 80's pretty much since Linda Carter is the reason most people know of her.

I see what your saying jeyl about the interconnectivity and with that I agree, how ever her "iconic" status ended in the 80's pretty much since Linda Carter is the reason most people know of her.

You're confusing iconic with popularity. Even after Lynda Carter's run as Wonder Woman, her character still had her own comic series, appeared in many other shows, including the animated Justice League series, had her own animated movie which, despite what DC would lead believe, still sold better than most of their direct to video movies (Certainly better than the following Green Lantern animated movie). Even folks who don't read comics and never watched the Lynda Carter series still know who Wonder Woman is. And really, what female super hero could be more iconic than Wonder Woman now?

I agree with you Jeyl Wonder Woman is the most iconic female super hero ever, and I saw the Wonder Woman movie and it was pretty good I just hope they do her the right way.

I think a lot of these rumored castings are just getting associated with BvS, even though they've recently said that a Justice League movie will begin soon™ after BvS is finished. I'd be good with getting no more news about any of these films for another 3 or 4 months. Too much hype is usually a bad thing...especially when it comes to comic book fans. The end product never lives up to the hype.

Exactly, I keep thinking of all the comic book movies that have been overhyped like green lantern and tdkr and even though I liked tdkr some people were still disappointed. I just hope that batman vs superman doesn't get to overhyped.

I'm starting to agree. Simmer on the rumors and speculation etc. for awhile. I want to know things and get excited about the film, but it hasn't even started filming. Once it does, I'm good with some news and maybe leaked pictures of the Batsuit, WW costume, etc. Aside from that I think people like Phoenix and Johnson and Denzel rumors aren't really attached to BvS, but further films like JL or other stand alones down the road, but WB is trying to plan a bit ahead for the further DC universe.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back