Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Joaquin Phoenix is the perfect choice for Luthor. He just gives off a smart ass, evil vibe thats perfect. Cranston just doesn't give off the evil vibe enough, even though he was amazing in Breaking Bad.

I think Luthor has to be in the same age range as the Batman character, and at least slightly older than Superman.

So Phoenix is perfect. We have to have the corporate Lex, the genius who runs the media, and owns everything, and the one who eventually runs for president. The guy everyone trusts because he saved Metropolis and rebuilt it.

The Hackman/Spacey type Lex shouldn't be on screen ever again, its time for the more recent comic version to be put on the screen.

I hope Snyder picks someone like Phoenix, he will really knock it out of the park.

Another actor who I think would own the role is Billy Zane. Yes, he's been in many B movies and is not the big actor as he was before, but give him the right material and he will deliver. He was actually born to play Luthor, he can play smart, sneaky and just downright sleazeball with the charm thrown in. Goodness knows how many movies i've seen where i've seen him play parts of a Luthor type character perfectly.

I seriously think he would own that role, but because of people only wanting "big" stars, its unlikely he would be considered barring a miracle. People might consider him a joke or C list or whatever, but noone can deny the man can act. He would knock Lex Luthor out of the park, and probably give a rendition never seen on screen. Michael Rosenbaum is the closest we've seen to a modern Lex Luthor on screen so far, followed by John Shea.

He was actually born to play Luthor, he can play smart, sneaky and just downright sleazeball with the charm thrown in. Goodness knows how many movies i've seen where i've seen him play parts of a Luthor type character perfectly.

Agreed. His character in Titanic was basically Lex Luthor.

It would need something more on the backend or move the passenger compartment backa bit. Too "front heavy" i guess would be the best I could say.

Didn't realize how weird it looks from the side though. The angled shot makes it look like it might be a lot longer. Not so much.

the-tesla-xeno-concept-car-05.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix is the perfect choice for Luthor. He just gives off a smart ass, evil vibe thats perfect. Cranston just doesn't give off the evil vibe enough, even though he was amazing in Breaking Bad.

I think Luthor has to be in the same age range as the Batman character, and at least slightly older than Superman.

The Hackman/Spacey type Lex shouldn't be on screen ever again, its time for the more recent comic version to be put on the screen.

Another actor who I think would own the role is Billy Zane.

I'd take Zane over Phoenix, but Zane is pretty B movie. I have a hard time liking him which would be good I geuss for Lex. I'd say he definitely has a good look for the character.

president-lex-luthor.jpg

Still think Cranston would be better than both.

Too bad Mark Strong played Sinestro because he would be a pretty awesome Luthor. He made an awesome Sinestro too.

I'd take Terry O'Quinn over Phoenix too.

Jon Hamm would probably be pretty good. Fans seem to want to get him into some comic book character role. He plays a good a-hole in Madmen... not sure how I like him bald though...

picture-4.png

I just don't think Phoenix, despite his actual age, comes off as being an older, seasoned guy. Plus, look at him, he looks nothing like Luthor.

447px-Lex_Luthor_LB2DCS.jpg joaquin_phoenix_01_13.jpg

Last edited:
It's all in the eyebrows... Phoenix has those just as much (and probably more) as any actor I've seen named.

0ab66f0fd6165135b54d45431a11363a_xlarge.jpeglex2.jpglex.jpg

You've got to think. They way the rumors are, and rightly so, Luther is at least initially supposed to come off as the saving grace of Metropolis and loved by most. You can't have him look too wickedly evil right off the bat. I think Phoenix is a good choice that I wouldn't have thought of. decent looking, just a little bit older that Cavill so he looks more mature for a business exec.

Mark Strong is a good actor and would love to see him as a villain, but from what has been stated, Green Lantern is getting a reboot come Justice league, so I doubt he would play Sinestro simply because they wouldn't want them to seem connected to the old.

*clears throat*

Interviewer: It’s been said that you’re too skinny for the part. Wonder Woman is large-breasted, is that going to change?

Gal Gadot: Hmm. I represent the Wonder Woman of the new world. Breasts… anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine. By the way, Wonder Woman is amazonian, and historically accurate amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go “by the book”…it’d be problematic.

Should anyone tell Gal that Wonder Woman doesn't exist historically and that in every depiction of her character she's had two breasts? This whole "by the book" thing sounds like nobody is paying attention to Wonder Woman's mythology at all. This is a comic book character and she's talking about history instead of the thing very thing she originates from. In fact, wasn't the whole cutting off one breast thing kind of a myth?

Well at least she did some research on real Amazonian warriors, which inspired the creation of Wonder Woman, so frankly props for her. They're probably going to modify her origins anyway, there already several versions in comics, I guess they're going to take whatever fits their narrative better, which I'm totally fine with. Make her a descendant of real Amazones ? All the better !

I shouldn't be shocked that the interviewer had the stones to ask about breast size but wow. My girlfriend who is a Crossfit LV-1 coach and a very good Crossfit competitor likes to say "boobs just get in the way!" Now, I'm not sure if its true or she is just making an excuses hahaha

I guess they're going to take whatever fits their narrative better, which I'm totally fine with.

Wait. You'd be totally fine with them using the most iconic female super hero in the medium as long as it suits "THEIR" narrative? I don't think you've noticed lately, but their narrative hasn't been the friendliest approach when it comes to the female demographic (Lois had one job, PUSH THE BUTTON, and she couldn't do it), and if they're going to use the most recent take of Wonder Woman as an example of what they're going to do, well,

supermanthing_zps22ed0a68.jpg

supermanthing1_zps287a10f9.png

Screw their narrative.

Wait. You'd be totally fine with them using the most iconic female super hero in the medium as long as it suits "THEIR" narrative? I don't think you've noticed lately, but their narrative hasn't been the friendliest approach when it comes to the female demographic (Lois had one job, PUSH THE BUTTON, and she couldn't do it), and if they're going to use the most recent take of Wonder Woman as an example of what they're going to do, well,
Screw their narrative.
Yeah I was talking more about her origins, take the comics origins that fit the best or merge several together and make a new one, that's what I meant.
I'm not in favour of this 52 incarnation neither, I don't want her to be "whatever Superman needs her to be" at all. I actually liked the JLA cartoon version very much. If they made a live action movie from any story arc of the JLA cartoon, I'd be pretty happy.

And while I like the choice of Denzel as John Stewart, he fits the bill as the very serious and psycho-rigid green lantern, but then stop the masquerade and call this movie what it is, a full blown justice league.

And while I'm at it, all of these castings would make Superman almost the youngest (depends on the Flash they will choose I guess), so he might not be the "beacon of hope" that inspired the rest of the superheroes, but he might still be the optimistic one, the one believing there's hope for a bright future, while the rest of the cast would apparently be older, grumpier, and way more pessimistic about the future.

Latest rumors via comicboooknews.com was Denzel is not GL in MOS2 but that's not to say he is not in the running for GL in JL. Bryan Cranston is rumored as a strong contender as Lex again and Phoenix is still being reported as a strong front runner if all but confirmed for the "main villain".

Ok, now that all the latest rumors are up to date so to speak, let me rant for a second.

I enjoyed MOS. I got it for Christmas and watched the extras. Very cool despite some things I would at this point say are nitpicking. That being said, I am beginning to agree with a lot of the naysayers towards this film. Not that I won't go see it regardless of what I see or here. I'm not going to be one of those saying I will never see it. Here are my issues. Rumors are rumors. I try to take them as such because some are started from reliable sources that leak things and others are started from people trying to misdirect, have fun with it, etc. However, with all the rumors and things that have been confirmed, I am very concerned that they are rushing characters into a movie, they shouldn't be in, at least yet, they are trying to capitalize off a movie that did well, but still needs character development that would only be pushed aside by all these other characters and larger named actors, and most of all with the recent change in writers, it's obvious they are trying to force a script. I don't mean to lose faith so to speak, but I truly hope they aren't going to mess this up 2 movies into what should be an ongoing franchise.

End rant....for now. haha

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back