Batman tdk w.i.p.

tomheat123

Hi I'm 17 and I love batman so I figured hey, why not try to make my favorite suit? So that is exactly what I'm gonna do, I'm going to make the whole suit from "the dark knight rises". So far I'm working on sanding down my plaster positive getting ready to mold it so I can cast the cowl

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgSo far I have sculpted the cowl and molded it, after molding it I sealed it back up and filled it with more plaster, here's where I made my first mistake. When I poured the plaster in it was still too liquid and not solid enough yet so it all poured out the bottom through cracks...TWICE, the third time was the charm though of course, except for the fact that the paster positive came out with slot more blemishes then originally. Next Im going to finnish sanding the positive and then mold it again followed by the cast from that mold I hope to get all this accomplished by Friday so I can get cracking on the chest. ANY and ALL feedback is welcome, I'm just a 17 year old trying to get into the prop/costume making world!

Awesome to see someone building a suit from scratch! I started doing special effects when I was about 14, so I totally get where you are at my friend :)

Here is a link to my build web site, it may help with some ideas on how I did it: http://mycollection.co.nz/batman/index.html

Cheers
Kev
Hey man thanks! The ironic thing is that your YouTube video on how you built your suit is what gave me the idea to start making mine haha, by the way, your suit, is simply amazing!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice start bud, way to go! Can't wait to see how you progress, keep it up!!
Thanks for the kind words man! I plan on having more progress up within the next couple of weeks!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back