Batman Forever Grappling/Grapnel Hook?

Astyanax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all:

I am trying to get a lead on any reference photos and/or 3D models of the wrist-mounted grappling hooks from the Val Kilmer film Batman Forever that's shaped like an actual bat symbol:

Batman Forever.mkv_snapshot_01.51.41_[2023.11.18_19.53.59].jpg Batman Forever.mkv_snapshot_01.52.12_[2023.11.18_19.53.38].jpg

Sadly, the Goggles aren't helping. It seems that his main grappling hook from that movie is different...

1700366468371.png

...and his batarangs (which I don't even think were used in the film) are very different as well...

Batman Forever.mkv_snapshot_00.01.16_[2023.11.18_20.02.02].jpg

But my memories of the film really bring back this grappling shape, and I'd like to replicate it.

Batman Forever.mkv_snapshot_01.51.44_[2023.11.18_19.54.08].jpg

Perhaps I'm searching for it by the wrong name? Is it called something other than "wrist grappling hook"?

Any advice is much appreciated. Low-cost replica or 3D print or 3D model for printing.

Thanks!

I've been collecting references and kits for Batman Forever props since the movie came out. I haven't really seen any images better than the ones you have. It doesn't have a lot of screen time and it's not in the "making of" books or magazines.

I found these, but they aren't any better than the ones you have...
Grapple_Batman_Forever_2.jpg

Grapple_Batman_Forever_1.jpg

Thank you! Very interesting to me that there's not much coverage of these, as the camera zoomed in on them almost more than any of the other bat tools in the movie. I believe the batarang got no action at all.

The folded and unfolded bat symbol shaped batarang only appears in the armory. He doesn't use it in the movie. However, it does appearing all the making of books. He does use a bola batarang in the opening fight sequence. The silver batarang at the end gets a fair bit of screen time and some really nice shots in the movie.

Makes you wonder what the little ones on the wrist actually looked like. I know the bat on the string is an oversized prop for those shots. I have pictures somewhere.

And don’t forget that Batgirl used the folding batarang in B&R lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back