Batman Dead End (New Behind the scenes)

Nothing wrong with a few artistic liberties here and there. Overall, I would say that the costume really hits the mark with the classic Pred look. Sculpting the armor into the suit really is the best way to design the ideal costume.

Very true. I've heard the movie helmets and gauntlet tops were seperate parts, but the rest was molded into the foam suit. That would give the best movement to the wearer, but I personally prefer to have the armor strapped on top of the bodysuit, as it gives a more realistic feel to the costume when someone sees you up close.

That's affirmative! On the Predator SE DVD, when KPH puts on his suit, you can see and tell that the entire suit was just the one piece. It's probable that Sandy followed the same idea on having the armor pieces molded together with the suit. Only the Shoulder Cannon/Backpack, Wrist Gauntlets and Bil Helm were hard pieces.

Stay safe.

Tim.

I want to know who is for or against the yellow-greenish skin. I like it. For a reason also. Some animals and insects have wild colors to show they are posionous or to say get away. (I think Sandy also said the paint was WASP - like). So I think it's fitting for a Predator to have that outrageous skin color. Who better to stay away from.

There is another reason I ask. This is the color combo I think I might go for. I guess what I think, is all that matters. But, I'd like to see what others think. And I probably should have started a new thread for this. But it seemed fitting to do it here.

Please... I want to know what you think.

I for one love the color! I think it's a great addition to the existing Pred Color Schemes.

BTW, Predatom, Clone Commander, you guys got mail!

Happy hunting!

Tim.

Thats crazy I never got it, send it again Tim I will watch for it,
Buts its late, and I got to get some sleep, I will be sure to check tommorrow when I get home,

TTYL
-Mike

excuse my rant
Actually here is my take on the WHOLE batman dead end. I think it took allot of balls to take 30,000 of your own $$ and create a film, not a fan film a film. that has the elements that it has.

Think about it for a second the fact that we are even talking about a predator film outside the "studio" system. is great. can you really say that predator 2 was a great movie?? ruben blades,maria conchito alanzo WTF??? was that.

Other than the creature and the VFX. that movie was really bad IMHO. I lent the DVD to a coworker of mine and he said i couldn't even get through the first 10 minutes the dialouge was so bad yet i showed the dead end film to a few co-workers who aren't even into sci-fi and they were asking "WHAT HAPPENS NEXT??????

I think it was great that a "fan" of the predator and of batman had the balls to say look it doesn't take a budget of 30-40 million I can make a film for 1/10th of that and it will be better than second film.
Hell even arnold said the movie was bad that's why he turned it down. he said and i quote"
without a good script and john mcternian(spellcheck) I didn't think it would be a good idea to make it and i was proven right"

If you like the color or if you didn't of the creature it's cool your each entitled to your opinion..... @#%$ that's why i thought this board would be a good idea to throw ideas and opinions,

we can talk about color till cows come home and in NJ we don't have cows.

Kudos to sandy and all the people who worked on the film.

i'm sure they cared and showed allot more passion about the film than some of the pencil pushers and beancounters in hollywood who only care about the bottom line

sorry i really enjoy the film

Amen. It's the very best Predator thing I've seen besides the actual movies. I watched that thing over and over when I first saw it. I love the way the Pred moved when fighting Batman. A great fan film. One of the best fan films I've ever seen!

I'm used to the Star Wars fan films. While some are excellent and some suck, the Batman: Dead End film being hosted on a Star Wars website speaks volumes, as it's the only non-SW thing on there! I absolutely LOVE Batman: Dead End. Congrats to all the talent that combined together to make that fan film one of the best of all time. I got such a buzz seeing real live Predators in action again! (not to mention Aliens, a great Batman who was ripped without a muscle suit, and Chekov's son thrown in for good measure. )

Did I even mention how much I love the 'making of' featurette also? Sandy seems like such a cool guy who is just a big fan of all the comics and such like most all of us here are, only he had the know-how to bring it to life for us! YAY!

Now that's gospel people!

Other than the fact that the second movie had another Predator/s, cool weapons and that lovely skull trophy showcase, the movie pretty much disappointed me, IMHO.

I think Sandy did an awesome job and can't wait to see if he decides to do another!

Happy hunting!

Tim

Post edited to reflect my personal opinion.

Awwww,

You guys are so cool, Thank you so much for all the support and kind words. It's good to know that there are fans out there of the work that myself and my very talented cast and crew put out there.
Stay tuned, Pred peeps... Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

Be well all,
SC

Holy Smokes!!!

It's the man himself!!! Sandy, thank you for dropping by and saying hi! Damm, you do awesome work!

Oh man! This has got to be the day of the Dark Knight and Hunter!

Stay safe,

Tim.

"Dead End" was great. No doubt about it.

But I'm also going to rush to the defense of Pred2 here...

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but P2 most certainly did NOT suck. It's a great action film in it's own right. It took the idea of the first film and managed to expand on it without making a copycat clone sequel of the original.

The change of location was great. I loved the idea of juxtaposing the jungle of the first film against the "urban jungle" of the second. Nicely done. It allowed for a different kind of scenerio. Instead of jumping trees, the Pred was jumping buildings. It successfully merged the sci-fi monster movie element with the classic story of a serial killer on the loose that the cops can't keep up with.

I also loved the portrayal of societal breakdown of human culture in Los Angeles. Law is breaking down. Humans are becoming more and more tribal, grouping into gangs and competing for resources through the use of force...it's a primitive model of the more developed Predator culture, and a nice use of metaphor.

It honored the rules layed down by the original. The Pred doesn't hunt unarmed prey. I loved the inclusion of the scene where the Pred wouldn't kill a pregnant female. Classic hunting mentality that fits the Preds personality perfectly. Very nicely done.

I loved the fact that the score was very similar (and in parts taken directly from) the original film. It went a long way towards connecting the overall "feel" of the two films. The bongos, chanting and drums also really helped to sell the "urban jungle" theme in many sequences.

I loved the cast. Again~ it played off the idea of the first film-- an eclectic group of varying personalities who are tightly knit as a team due to past combat experience together. It was very appropriate that Ruben Blades and Maria Conchito Alanzo were included to represent the hispanic element of the city. Have you ever been to L.A.? I have. Many times. And let me tell you something...you better be able to speak spanish! You know what would have REALLY been stupid? If the entire cast was nothing but WHITE guys. On a L.A. gang squad? No way! No, the "white guys" were the FEDS. That's reality. Nolte was pefect as Agent Keyes.

Bill Paxton skillfully provided some much needed comic relief, just as he did in Aliens, while still being a likeable character, and Danny Glover was a refreshing break from the muscle-bound Arnie action-hero stereotype.

But most importantly...the Predator. The title character in P2 was indeed the main attraction. The design. The weapons. Kevin's perfect portrayal. This is a movie that set out to really show off its monster. And that's what it did. Because that's what we really want to see. We wanna see the Pred doing what he does! The director boldly expanded on the mythos and culture of the Predator in the final scenes, without crossing the line and revealing too much.

The effects were outstanding (especially for pre-CG days...), and the film had a great pacing throughout. The only scene I hate is the "Pred on the roof being struck by lightning" shot. I know that was done for visual emphasis, but it was over the top.

Other than that, I totally love watching P2. It's a worthy successor to the original.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back