Batman build...

demodunc

Hi Everyone,

I'm a total (no talent) newbie with absolutely no experience in making costumes, working with foam, rubber, latex, fibreglass or anything a lot of the really awesome costumers I've seen on here seem to have, so please bear with me!

I'm a huge fan of Greg Capullo's take on Batman in the comics at the moment, so I'm attempting a Capullo style build. Not too sure what the heck I'm going to do about the cowl, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Anyway, thought I'd start with the gauntlets made out of foam, and well this is how it's turning out so far....

Advice and criticism welcomed, like I said, I have no idea what I'm doing here, it's just one dude, some camping mats and a glue gun here at the moment!

Hi Everyone,

I'm a total (no talent) newbie with absolutely no experience in making costumes, working with foam, rubber, latex, fibreglass or anything a lot of the really awesome costumers I've seen on here seem to have, so please bear with me!

I'm a huge fan of Greg Capullo's take on Batman in the comics at the moment, so I'm attempting a Capullo style build. Not too sure what the heck I'm going to do about the cowl, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Anyway, thought I'd start with the gauntlets made out of foam, and well this is how it's turning out so far....

Advice and criticism welcomed, like I said, I have no idea what I'm doing here, it's just one dude, some camping mats and a glue gun here at the moment!

I think your off to a good start and this is a great site to get good advice. I too am a noob when it comes to foam but not the best by any means with fiberglass and bondo. Just be patient and take your time. Im going to keep an eye on your build. Thanks for posting!

Looks like a good start man.
I love the armoury but yet still natural look Capullo draws his batman
I'm sure theres people on here who can help you with the print for the costume aswell should you need it :)

The problem I'm having at the moment is with the fin placement on the gloves. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a very definitive version of where the fins go. At the moment I'm thinking of the first section near the wrist, as I've seen a few pics like that, but then I've also seen a few pics where it doesn't seem to be near the wrist and the last fin is right near the top....

There are three fins, three grooves and that leaves four places the fins can be attached...

Okay, so I solved my problem by going to some of the source material (Justice League #2) and saw some of the costume design pics which showed the fins spanning the gaps, quiet frankly it solves a couple of the problems I was having firstly there aren't vast expanses of gauntlet without anything happening, secondly, it adds some stability to the design which is helpful.

On the down side, this attempt is a tad small around the wrist, I will need to have a glove partially concealed underneath it. generally happy with the shape, just need to give it a bit more room now.

I'll take the lack of replies as consensus that most of you guys thinks its terrible (I did warn you I'm an unskilled noob :lol) but I think its ok. Once I resize it and figure out how to seal it etc it will look a little better too.

Hopefully.

I too have been working on a Capullo style batman. Just an FYI, Hernandez FX (Facebook) does a wonderful cowl. Good luck!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back