BATMAN big new(OLD) sculpture

judgedredd

Sr Member
I cant believe i own this beauty i saw it in a modelling magazine around 15 years ago being sculpted by a guy called Chris Forward i thought it was amazing then but now i own it its even better :) This has never been cast i own the original sculpt its made from sculpey wood for the base and metal wings and its huge it stands 3 feet tall from top of wing to bottom of sconce.I had to do a fair bit of restoration work on him as its been kicking around for a few years but i am so pleased and wanted to share my find i am in two minds to have him cast and do a run but its so big it probably wouldnt be worth it.
Here he is :)
005.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I still own the issue of Sci-Fi and Fantasy models magazine which had this interview and showcased this very model......great stuff. Chris Forward did some great Iron Maiden Eddie sculpts which I believe he did under licence from the band. His Batman villains work I wasn't such a fan of, his Scarecrow and Two-Face were a little uninspiring. This beast though.....very cool!

Hi i had a look to see if i still had the magazine but its long gone :( any chance of a scan of it? what issue was it please ?
Thanks
Rob

Wow, I still own the issue of Sci-Fi and Fantasy models magazine which had this interview and showcased this very model......great stuff. Chris Forward did some great Iron Maiden Eddie sculpts which I believe he did under licence from the band. His Batman villains work I wasn't such a fan of, his Scarecrow and Two-Face were a little uninspiring. This beast though.....very cool!

Pm pinged your way and a scan should follow tomorrow :) it's issue 30 which also has a great article/interview with harry harris. a very nice chap who i had a great conversation about his Alien prop collection and that very article at the 25th anniversary Aliens event in leciester last year!!!

thanks a lot i recently moved house and a lot of my old mags which i have carried around for years and years went to the skip which is typical as soon as you throw them away you want them :) Look forward to reading it and will see if there are any old copies around.

Pm pinged your way and a scan should follow tomorrow :) it's issue 30 which also has a great article/interview with harry harris. a very nice chap who i had a great conversation about his Alien prop collection and that very article at the 25th anniversary Aliens event in leciester last year!!!

What a surprise i never thought i would see it again. I sold the sculpting to a company who were going to kit it. That was the last i saw if it. You've done a good job it looks great.

Hi Chris you did a fantastic job i was very pleased to get it i have to admit i have sold it on but i was very pleased to have it in my hands :)
Never new you were a member on here :)
Do you still sculpt?
Cheers
Rob

What a surprise i never thought i would see it again. I sold the sculpting to a company who were going to kit it. That was the last i saw if it. You've done a good job it looks great.

Hi Rob, I've only just found RPF. A mate of mine told me my Batman was on here so I had to check it out. I do still sculpt, not as much as I would like to though. It seems I only tend to sculpt on long winter nights now. I have recently started sculpting a 1/6 scale figure of King Leonidas.

Hi Chris you should do a WIP thread in general modelling i for one would love to see what your upto :)

Hi Rob, I've only just found RPF. A mate of mine told me my Batman was on here so I had to check it out. I do still sculpt, not as much as I would like to though. It seems I only tend to sculpt on long winter nights now. I have recently started sculpting a 1/6 scale figure of King Leonidas.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back