Batman Beyond-based on art by Mark Vick

You will get there. That first picture looks amazing! We all learn from our mistakes. Some are costly, some are time consuming, but in the end, we just need to pick our project off the floor and get it done. I believe you can do this. Maybe not right now due to funds, but I believe you will. This project has come too far, and that suit looks too amazing to stop now.

I look forward to more progress from you AGFRX7.

That's right, time to stand back and re-group:behave Too cool of a costume to quit on it! You'll find the courage/money to continue with that fantastic build.

Oh MAN that sucks!

All is not lost though. You will have the money and the time eventually. I had to put my Red Hood helmet on the shelf for a couple weeks last summer when my finishing coat of Crystal Clear ended up running down the side of the helmet and ruining the entire finish (requiring sanding back down to the primer). I was just fuming too much to work on it calmly, but I came back to it. I would hate to see you give up on this because of this one setback.

I cant speak on any Silicone knowledge, but would you be able to put like, a shirt underneath the Silicone, so that It bonds to it, and makes it stronger?

Or mabey, get like some Fishing line (50-lb or more tensil strength), and make a little "CAGE" or "NET",
and attach it to your mold, so it cures inside the Silicone?
(similar to Re-bar under a Concrete Driveway)

--- Just trying to find solutions to the 'SHREDDING' problem...

Since I can't cast another top for a while, I figured I'd start to add the circuitry lines on the pants.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437758705.186119.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know your most recent casting rip is super discouraging, but as the others have said, don't let it keep you from completing the project. I had to mold by last Batman cowl 3 TIMES before getting it right. Wasted close to $500 in silicone, but in the end it was worth it. It sucks to waste money, but your suit is worth it, so I'm sure you'll find the inspiration to finish it.

Those pants looks great btw :thumbsup

I don't understand why the dragon skin would rip. It has a high stretch rate. Was it just too thin in that area?
Was it the black dye? Did that lessen the stretch rate?
Anyway you could just patch it from the inside?

I don't understand why the dragon skin would rip. It has a high stretch rate. Was it just too thin in that area?
Was it the black dye? Did that lessen the stretch rate?
Anyway you could just patch it from the inside?

Dragon skin is very resilient but there was a hole that wasn't meant to be there. It was compromised therfore the hole became a tear that was 12 inches long. There is no fixing that. Even if I did, it wouldn't look right.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thank you for the support everyone but I cannot repair the torn upper body. The tear was about 12 inches long and even if I tried to glue it, it wouldn't look right. Besides, I cut it up into various pieces anyways. I also cut the mold at the forearms, making it easier to cast next time.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of of doing a red hood build does anyone have any tip at advice on things like thickness of the foam previously built costumes to look at or detailing advice any help would be greatly appritiated

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking of of doing a red hood build does anyone have any tip at advice on things like thickness of the foam previously built costumes to look at or detailing advice any help would be greatly appritiated

Well, I cut off the forearms a few weeks back and yesterday I finally had the time to try casting one of them. I have enough rubber to do the arms, but not the torso. Anyways, I lined the entire interior of the arms with the mesh so that it would not have the same issues as before. It still need to have the flashing trimmed but all in all, it came out looking great!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438967002.286081.jpg

Hey gang. I haven't given up yet. Just been terribly busy with multiple projects. I still want to finish this dream costume of mine. Just been saving up the funds for more rubber is all.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back