Batman '66 Blu-Ray Box Set Battery

TomGLFan

OK, I have a question for the community: I have the Batman '66 series blu-ray box set, the one that came with the Hot Wheels Batmobile, the replica Topps cards, etc. You might remember that the box itself has a pushbutton on the side that played the opening bars of the Batman theme ("Na na na na na na na na Batman!") which I presume was powered by a thin button battery somewhere in the cardboard. I know it's not supposed to be replaceable, but has anyone tried? I'd love to either replace it, or at least get it out of there before it leaks, without doing significant damage to the box, which I really like. I wish I had access to an x-ray machine, or a TSA luggage scanner, so I could get an idea of the insides of this thing, but sadly I have neither of those things. Any thoughts on the best way to proceed?

is there a small speaker? or is it one of those cheap tiny greeting card "press here" thingies that play a message? It might be a single complete unit, but if it's laminated between the paper, :eek:

is there a small speaker? or is it one of those cheap tiny greeting card "press here" thingies that play a message? It might be a single complete unit, but if it's laminated between the paper, :eek:
I expect it's exactly what you suspect -- I see no speaker and it's definitely a "Press Here" thing on the side of the box, so I expect it's stuck in between the layers of paper. I'm tempted to CAREFULLY take an X-Acto knife to try to split the side of the box apart, but man, I do hate to ruin that box if I mess up. It is a pretty nice box, after all. Maybe I can experiment with a greeting card first? Assuming a similar layout, actually looking at one of the things might give me a better idea of how to approach this, or to just leave it alone.

I meant to reply to this sooner, but life got in the way. I took the dive and ripped out the flocked tray to see if I could get at the battery. Well it is possible. But it is both glued and double stick taped in there pretty good.

However after pulling it out, it does pretty much go back in without any sign of it being ripped. I took some photos to show what is beneath. The batteries look to be strapped to the circuit board by their metal holders. Wont be easy to just change out the batteries, but it's definitely not impossible.

Attachments

• IMG_3763.JPG
    IMG_3763.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 836
  • IMG_3764.JPG
    IMG_3764.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 846
  • IMG_3765.JPG
    IMG_3765.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 825
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back