Batman 3 villian rumors...

.:MirrorminD:.

Sr Member
Its just a huge rumor at this time that started on Coming Soon and also from comic writer Mark Millar....

They are guessing that one of the villians will be Killer Croc. Since WB is filming a majority of the film in April in New Orleans because of tax breaks.

Than Mark Millar tweeted:

Tweet 1:
Oh, wait. Con gossip: I know who the villain(s) are in Batman 3 and the big scene outside Gotham sounds awesome. Totally timely locale.

Tweet 2:
One of the villains is from my favourite childhood run on the character. Again, very unexpected.

From /film:
So, Millar (who I don’t often believe to begin with) mentions a non-Gotham locale, which dovetails with the unconfirmed report of New Orleans, which has swamps, and naturally Killer Croc’s name comes up. Totally solid, right? Especially since Killer Croc first appeared in 1983, when Millar would have been 13. Does that count as within the timeframe for favorite childhood run in Batman? Maybe.

If this is true, if they make Killer Croc dark like in Arkum Aslyum than I think that could work.

Sources:
/film: Huge Rumor: ‘Batman 3′ to Feature Killer Croc? | /Film

Twitter:
Twitter / Mark Millar: Oh, wait. Con gossip: I kn ...
Twitter / Mark Millar: One of the villains is fro ...

I sure hope it's not Killer Croc. I just don't see it working well with a character like that. It'll end up being more like a monster movie than a Batman movie.

One character I really wish they would SERIOUSLY consider
is never mentioned..... CLAYFACE ! :confused

Now granted, I know they probably DON'T want to go
into the " SCI-FY " kinda' realm with a character but
he would be OUTSTANDING in a movie today ! With the
level of special effects we have today they could really
do that character justice !

And another interesting point about him is he's NOT
really just a simple bad guy ! If anyone here remembers
watching the old Batman Animated series they really
did Clayface right back then.. He was a very tragic
figure, not evil at all. He just did allot of terrible things
trying to get back to being human !

If they want to keep a dark and serious tone to the
next flick he would be an ideal character to have !

Just my $.02 :cool

I really rather doubt they'd include Croc. There's nothing particularly interesting about him, in my opinion. Plus, he's FAR less well known.

Frankly, I'm really REALLY hoping they don't go down the Burton/Schumacher path and just add more villains to "embiggen" the film needlessly. I already felt that The Dark Knight suffered because of too many main characters and not enough focus on any one of them. I missed the sense of focus that Batman Begins had. I mean, it was one thing to include the minor mob bosses. It was another thing to include Scarecrow as sort of a lower-level more interesting villain, with Ra's as the main villain. But really the focus was on Batman that whole time, and I appreciated it. With The Dark Knight, they had three equally important "main" characters, and none of them really had enough development, in my opinion. Adding in Killer Croc would likely mean stripping him of all of his interesting characteristics (IE: the psychological dimensions of him being this complete monster who is still human), and turning him into little more than the role "Bane" filled in Batman & Robin -- a heavy.

I'd rather see Batman face off against a single, interesting, multi-dimensional villain so that the focus is really tightly maintained.

As for Arkham Asylum's "darkness" with Killer Croc, isn't the character pretty dark overall? I mean, was he ever treated in a "comic" or "light" fashion?

Given Christopher Nolan's track record and how "magazine rack/suicidally depressed" his female characters tend to be treated, we better pray that Catwoman doesn't make an appearance. She'll probably kill herself before the movie is halfway over.

One character I really wish they would SERIOUSLY consider
is never mentioned..... CLAYFACE ! :confused

Now granted, I know they probably DON'T want to go
into the " SCI-FY " kinda' realm with a character but
he would be OUTSTANDING in a movie today ! With the
level of special effects we have today they could really
do that character justice !

And another interesting point about him is he's NOT
really just a simple bad guy ! If anyone here remembers
watching the old Batman Animated series they really
did Clayface right back then.. He was a very tragic
figure, not evil at all. He just did allot of terrible things
trying to get back to being human !

If they want to keep a dark and serious tone to the
next flick he would be an ideal character to have !

Just my $.02 :cool

Preston payne..not the mudd looking one

from way out of left field.....Gotham City + swamp = Solomon Grundy....yeah he's an Alan Scott villain but I said it was WAY out of left field, plus zombies are coming back in popularity.

do I think this will happen? NO, I think he'll use the cast of Inception to make his movie...

Clayface could be interesting but might be a bit tough to do without going too scifi even if they were to use something like nano-machines as an excuse. It isn't like there aren't enough villains for him to face off against. They should have him go up against Superman lol. Heck have him go up against Azrael who is impersonating him or something like that.

Croc and some others mentioned are too out there for Nolan's verse in my view.
At least as they are presented in the comics.
He has kept things grounded so far and I strongly hope he continues that.
Though I suppose you could use some of them if you drastically alter them for plausibilities sake.

I don't know if they want to keep the semi-realistic feel to the movies. Well except Two-Face pretty sure you can't live that way but...

I'd skip Croc and go for either Penguin as moving in as a mob boss who takes over the underworld since Joker did a good job of gutting them. OR Catwoman.

Killer Croc and Clayface would be cool but could start pushing it into the sci-fi category too much. I'd prefer to see Man-Bat but thats just me. :lol

The set up was for Riddler in the last one.
Mr. Reese "Mysteries" = Edward Nigma "Enigma"
seems pretty strong they were planting the seed.
Especially since this person knows who Batman is, that's
just too huge a plot point to walk away from in my view.

And I still think Two Face isn't dead. Call me nuts but I bet we see at a minimum a two headed coin again.

Penguin would work as a supporting character, not as a primary villain. Penguin as a mob boss and information broker, rather than some wacko with trick umbrellas. Basically as a force for order within the criminal element. Then along comes the Riddler who is totally about his own self aggrandizement through spectacular acts of terrorism, so the Penguin (reluctantly) helps the Bat.

No Catwoman, thanks. Although I'm sure they'll push to have SOME romantic interest...which would be a mistake.

Concerning Killer Croc, I could theoretically see him being done in the way Croc was portrayed in the Brian Azzarello/ Lee Bermejo graphic novel "Joker." I could especially see this if Croc was used as a strong arm sort, once again like he was portrayed in "Joker," with nothing more than a large physique and a terrible skin condition.

Here's what he looks like for those who've not read the graphic novel. Here he is standing next to the Penguin and Joker.

101608_jokerpg3full.jpg

Penguin would work as a supporting character, not as a primary villain. Penguin as a mob boss and information broker, rather than some wacko with trick umbrellas. Basically as a force for order within the criminal element. Then along comes the Riddler who is totally about his own self aggrandizement through spectacular acts of terrorism, so the Penguin (reluctantly) helps the Bat.

No Catwoman, thanks. Although I'm sure they'll push to have SOME romantic interest...which would be a mistake.

Christopher Nolan has already expressed that he does not feel that the Penguin will work for his take on Batman's universe, which I'm very thankful for. I also wouldn't worry about Catwoman. Nolan sorta laughed that one off as an improbability when questioned about her. The Riddler still remains a huge possibility... the character was referenced in THE DARK KNIGHT viral marketing campaign within a Gotham City newspaper. In all honesty, the only major villain that I feel would work is BLACK MASK simply due to his role as a major player in the world of organized crime, though I'd still love to see Mr. Freeze (even though Nolan has said no to this) as portrayed in Batman The Animated Series.

YEah, part of the problem with a lot of the villains is that they're SO over the top and so focused on the visual qualities (IE: Penguin has to LOOK like a penguin; Mr. Freeze has his goofy suit, etc., etc.). It makes adapting them to the more grounded, realistic world that Nolan's created a LOT more difficult.

The set up was for Riddler in the last one.
Mr. Reese "Mysteries" = Edward Nigma "Enigma"
seems pretty strong they were planting the seed.
Especially since this person knows who Batman is, that's
just too huge a plot point to walk away from in my view.

And I still think Two Face isn't dead. Call me nuts but I bet we see at a minimum a two headed coin again.

According to Nolan Two Face is dead.

Yr right TK-1085 - During an interview Eckert was quoted "He is dead as a door nail. He ain’t coming back baby! I asked Chris [Nolan] that question and he goes, “You’re dead” before I could even get the question out of my mouth. “Hey Chris, am I?” “You’re dead!” Alright, cool."

In the script Two Face is definitely dead, he breaks his neck in the fall.

"Dent lies at the bottom of the hole, his neck broken," the stage direction, written by brothers Jonathan and Christopher Nolan, reads. "DEAD.""

Heres the script: http://www.joblo.com/scripts/The_Dark_Knight.pdf
page 163 confirms it :)

Granted it only says it in the script so in theory they could bring him back, but highly unlikely

I'm familiar with what they are presenting on Two Face's "death", but Nolan's wife has said words to the otherwise at one point.

For me it's open. There are massive story angles to go with vengeful Dent on Gotham. The former hero mayor back from the dead would terrorize the city.
In the comics of course, Two Face is a very long term villian for Batman, and also the friend of Wayne that he eternally tries to bring back to good.

A signature of comic storys is making deaths appear final, but not.

Obviously part of story telling is not giving away such surprises.

Again, a new villian is surely the way to go, but they could easily show just a hand flipping a coin and we would know what that means.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back