Batgirl cowl

Inky37

So, my daughter recently told me she wanted to be Batgirl for Halloween this year. I know we're still four months out but I couldn't help but get started. Here's my progress so far on the cowl from the last couple days. As with most of my builds, I spent very little time with the clay work and poured a junk mold so I could do all my cleanup and texturing on my master model. Still quite a bit to do, but it's moving along fairly quickly. I most likely won't carve too much detail or any extra lines as she's a fan of the show from the 60's and those costumes were pretty basic. I'll probably end up doing a craquelure texture by spraying some flat black on top of fresh clear coat, but I haven't made up my mind on that part yet.

Smoothing out the clay:
image.jpg

Sanding down the surface, rounding off the edges:
image.jpg

Got the ears mounted and tapered, taking down the thickness a bit more so I'll need to round the edges again:
image.jpg

I poured urethane into my junk mold this morning, I'll get her to test fit it tonight to see if I need to resize any of it. I know the head will fit her but I'm concerned the jaw area might be too wide.

Last edited:
I wasn't referencing any particular version, just trying to do something a little "generic" as she changes her mind a lot. The only thing she really wanted was for it to be blue and not black.

Which version of the cowl are you making?it reminds me alot of the one from arkham knight

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back