Bandai release schedule

Read the posts and was so confused. Single viewing when it came out on Netflix. Had to do a quick search - totally forgot she flew Red 5... Lol.
Very nice work on the Rancor, Korben44.
Looking forward to seeing more of the 1/72 Razor Crest!
Thanks! I need to get back to work on the Razor Crest... But my next personal project is a 1/24 Podracer...

Read the posts and was so confused. Single viewing when it came out on Netflix. Had to do a quick search - totally forgot she flew Red 5... Lol.
Very nice work on the Rancor, Korben44.
Looking forward to seeing more of the 1/72 Razor Crest!
If you blinked during ROS one may have missed it. They crammed so much in that movie. To this day it's the only SW movie I have watched just once...

The more that I think of it, this new-ish X-Wing kit is a pretty good move by Bandai. T-65 for the folks that like OT (pilot easily replaceable), Rey to appeal to those who might favor the ST.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for a Perfect Grade ESB Falcon?
I doubt it. They'd have to do an entirely new kit to match the ESB Falcon. They might be able to get away doing a kit of the ANH model that was modified with more landing gear for Jedi and the Sequel Trilogy, though. But it would be a compromise at best, and people would freak that it's not actually "PERFECT Grade," especially for 400 bucks plus.

Does anyone know if there are any plans for a Perfect Grade ESB Falcon?

I doubt it. They'd have to do an entirely new kit to match the ESB Falcon. They might be able to get away doing a kit of the ANH model that was modified with more landing gear for Jedi and the Sequel Trilogy, though. But it would be a compromise at best, and people would freak that it's not actually "PERFECT Grade," especially for 400 bucks plus.

They'd just need to change the front lower half dome & have new pits & landing gear boxes....change the mandible tips with ones with headlight holes...(theres already channels inside the Mandibles for headlight LED's & cables)....& place various downlighter squares around the lower hull

Dead easy

J

But didn't the 5-foot (ANH) Falcon have a differently curved hull than then 32" (ESB) Falcon? Remember, we're talking about modelers looking for the "PERFECT GRADE." So a difference in shape would screw that up.

But didn't the 5-foot (ANH) Falcon have a differently curved hull than then 32" (ESB) Falcon? Remember, we're talking about modelers looking for the "PERFECT GRADE." So a difference in shape would screw that up.
Ah sorry, you're talking about the 32"....yep totally different shape

But the 5 footer was used for the beauty shots in ESB with 5 gears & Headlights etc (thats how she exists today....modified)...the 32" ws used for stunts & shots where the 5 footer couldn't be used cause she was too big

Bespin landing platform is a beautiful shot of the big bird landing with her 5 landing gears

MqOoitS.jpg
ABXRdyI.jpg

J

Jaitea is right. The 32" Falcon was one of a few built for ESB, but it wasn't the sole model *used* in ESB. :)

Jaitea's correct. This was discussed somewhere here earlier that Bandai had a possible ESB version in mind when they designed the ANH kit. The underside forward hull sits on its own sprue so that's all that needs to have new part made along with some extra legs. One would think that could be done with a minimum of extra cost. However whether they think its worth it or not is another thing.
03 Parts - Sprue N.JPG

Last edited:
Actually both halves of the underside would need replacing, since there are also lights there on the five foot Falcon (post 1978)

However it's fun to note that the mandibles already have narrow hollowed out areas internally as if they were planning on having working headlights on the mandible tips.

Last edited:
I mean the first run sold through and, I'm pretty sure, the second. I would figure the first run was numbered such that if all sold they'd at least break even, so anything after that run would be just printing money. They know a 1:72 Falcon will sell. They probably suspect interest in the ANH version has likely been sated enough another run of those would be more dicey prospect. There are enough out there on eBay, Amazon, and e-tail "shelves" to satisfy remaining demand. I've held off in hopes of an ESB version, as I know there are others who have done the same, or would want both versions. With the new lower-front piece, revised lower-back piece (they need the downlight recesses), new forward-P/S gear and boxes, and new lower-forward maintenance pits... and everything else a re-pop, even a single run the size of the first ANH Falcon's would turn a profit.

In terms of re-releasing the PG as the TESB/ROTJ version, yes, it is relatively easy (as seen above). In fact, I'd bet it's virtually a certainty to happen eventually. It's a modest change to re-pop a kit that then retails in the $400 range. Financially, it's a no brainer. The PG is the most I've ever spent on a single kit, but I would buy the new version in a heartbeat if it were offered.

What Disney should do is put the Falcon into an episode of the Mandalorian (maybe show how it got stolen) and re-release the kit as part of a new Mandalorian line. Throw in the rectangular radar dish and I'm sold.

I wonder if a ESB "kit" (sold separately) would be feasible. With only the necessary conversion parts.
That would definitely draw me in.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back