Bandai release schedule

A Razor Crest, an ATST in Raider guise and an Outlander TIE with folding Wings

(Ironically there are more things I really want a model of in 'The Mandalorian' than in the first two new films...)

I would caution folks on any expectation of toy-model license cross over. We get the flat silhouette standing pilots now. Also look at EFX and Anovos releasing essentially the same things under prop/cosplay differentiatio. I would like a razor crest though....

Last edited:
Sorry i should have gave more info to avoid confusion. SH figuarts is part of Bandai. Those figures (mando, ig 11, remnant stormtrooper and remnant scout trooper on speederbike) were shown on Nov 21, so Bandai's had the license and been working on stuff since before the show aired in US. Worth noting as well only ones been put up for pre order for a may release.

I think people are overthinking the licensing stuff. Bandai are making mandalorian stuff, in the one area they have any competition inside and outside japan. Whether or not they are making or will make any plastic models is anyones guess at this point, maybe the new york toy fair next month will see something, the series should have finished airing in japan by then.

One thing we do know though is that new trilogy stuff doesnt sell as well as ot stuff. I'd expect to see more ot stuff released this year, 1/72 tie bomber, 1/144 bomber, interceptor and bwing and after that we have shuttle, frigate and mon cals to pray for.

I'd love to see a Sith Trooper and Jet Trooper kit from the TROS. I like collecting all of those model kits as well. Fun little kits to put together. And nicer looking and sharper than the Black Series figures. Though I do have some Black Series figures as well that I've just repainted and weathered.

I wouldn't mind them doing a TIE Dagger so they have a complete sequel trilogy TIE line. Add a TIE bomber and the Solo double cockpit Tie-thing (too lazy to look up the actual name) and i think we'd have all the feature film TIE ships.

I saw TROS in Himeji Japan, and the cinema was almost empty. This was opening day. Granted, this city is no Tokyo, but I get the feeling Japan no longer cares for new Star Wars, at least compared to the OT. That’s why the Star Destroyer has been selling well.

My hope is that they return to OT models that fans will actually buy, namely the Tie Bomber and Lamda-class shuttle. A mini kit of the Calamari cruiser in scale to the mini Star Destroyer would be great too.

I saw TROS in Himeji Japan, and the cinema was almost empty. This was opening day. Granted, this city is no Tokyo, but I get the feeling Japan no longer cares for new Star Wars, at least compared to the OT. That’s why the Star Destroyer has been selling well.

My hope is that they return to OT models that fans will actually buy, namely the Tie Bomber and Lamda-class shuttle. A mini kit of the Calamari cruiser in scale to the mini Star Destroyer would be great too.
I can attest to this as well. I visit Japan regularly and the love for new star wars has fallen off a great deal since Rogue One. I was sent a survey a few weeks back from Bandai and they asked about kits I would be interested in. Interestingly they had larger scale death stars (both I and 2) as well as a moving AT-AT model in the options. If I recall, about 2/3 or the vehicles they were considering were the smaller box scale kits and I feel like almost everything was more or less original trilogy stuff. I seem to recall seeing a couple of things from the prequels as options but nothing for new vehicles from the new movies. I took a screenshot of some of the options they had on one of the pages but didn't take pics of all of them. Hopefully, some or all get made at some point. That is, if Bandai actually keeps the license and there are rumors that they give it up in July

Attachments

• IMG_4481.jpg
    IMG_4481.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 1,046
a 1/72 AT-AT and AT-ST would sure be at the top of my list along with a 1/144 shuttle and a 1/72 Tie Bomber

the 20 cm "electronic" AT-AT would be the 1/144 and 30 cm would be the 1/72? Not sure if I need an electronic version though

a 1/72 AT-AT and AT-ST would sure be at the top of my list along with a 1/144 shuttle and a 1/72 Tie Bomber

the 20 cm "electronic" AT-AT would be the 1/144 and 30 cm would be the 1/72? Not sure if I need an electronic version though
Honestly, I would buy a kit from that ridiculous canto bite sequence if it meant Bandai kept the license. I'd be happy just as long as they just keep making them. Unfortunately, star wars isn't the cash cow it used to be.

Honestly, I would buy a kit from that ridiculous canto bite sequence if it meant Bandai kept the license. I'd be happy just as long as they just keep making them. Unfortunately, star wars isn't the cash cow it used to be.

Well, even here in the US, I found a local hobby shop not too terribly far away. They had some Yamato stuff and some Gundam stuff. I asked the owner if they had Star Wars kits and he said they weren't selling so they stopped carrying them once they sold the last ones. Granted the stuff he had was more expensive than places like Gundam USA so I don't know how much that may have factored into it.

Personally, I would buy just about any Star Wars vehicle kits they put out but I guess the mainstream interest is not really there. IT may not even be Star Wars necessarily as much as it is scale modeling in general. People seem to want pre-painted statues and replicas more than kits. They don't seem as interested in doing model work

Case in point, this Amazon review of the Bandai B-Wing :rolleyes:

I mean for 40-50 bucks I was expecting more. The colors on this thing looks like a dollar bin special. I gave it 2 stars cause at least its a relatively accurate model of the B-Wing but the colors make it look like junk. The pictures they have as an example in the amazon site must of been professionally painted by an expert model builder. The stickers even look awful.

Very disappointed. I've purchased a few Bandai DBZ models and they have been beyond great. And I expected at least close to the same quality for their Star Wars models. But I was way wrong. Avoid this if you are looking for a nice display piece. I am sure there are other B-Wings out there that do not look as cheap as this one.

Well, even here in the US, I found a local hobby shop not too terribly far away. They had some Yamato stuff and some Gundam stuff. I asked the owner if they had Star Wars kits and he said they weren't selling so they stopped carrying them once they sold the last ones. Granted the stuff he had was more expensive than places like Gundam USA so I don't know how much that may have factored into it.

Personally, I would buy just about any Star Wars vehicle kits they put out but I guess the mainstream interest is not really there. IT may not even be Star Wars necessarily as much as it is scale modeling in general. People seem to want pre-painted statues and replicas more than kits. They don't seem as interested in doing model work

Case in point, this Amazon review of the Bandai B-Wing :rolleyes:

Wow that review, what were they expecting? Ironically the B Wing is one of the most multi-coloured and colour accurate OT Star Wars kits out there, just apply the decals, grey wash and matt coat and it will look great. The stickers are meant for kids mostly, but also make great painting masks. Hell the B-Wing even allows for a lighting unit that can be easily installed post-build!

I think outside of the hobby, fewer people know the difference between replica and model kit. It’s also why I don’t bash Revell for pre-painting, many wouldn’t consider buying Stat Wars kits without it. Just wish the Revell kits were more accurate.

I can attest to this as well. I visit Japan regularly and the love for new star wars has fallen off a great deal since Rogue One. I was sent a survey a few weeks back from Bandai and they asked about kits I would be interested in. Interestingly they had larger scale death stars (both I and 2) as well as a moving AT-AT model in the options. If I recall, about 2/3 or the vehicles they were considering were the smaller box scale kits and I feel like almost everything was more or less original trilogy stuff. I seem to recall seeing a couple of things from the prequels as options but nothing for new vehicles from the new movies. I took a screenshot of some of the options they had on one of the pages but didn't take pics of all of them. Hopefully, some or all get made at some point. That is, if Bandai actually keeps the license and there are rumors that they give it up in July

Sign me up for the GR-75 Tuna Ship! Had to look it up, it's actually the Rebel transport. Nice to see the Sand Crawler at least on their radar.

Would be nice to see a 30cm kit of either Death Star.

If they give up the license, it was a good run. Hopefully they will decide to keep it.

I would check off everything and put quite a few extras on that form.

TazMan2000

this and that 30 cm death star II. Oh, and those rebel ships, but I'd prefer them in one scale.

oh, and one more thing - 1/72 CIS army vehicles! Big spider tank, small spider tank, rocket artillery tank, you name it.

I find it hard to imagine Bandai would willingly give up the SW license. While it's easy to knock some of the franchise decisions lately (and I'd be right there with you), the success and widespread appeal of The Mandalorian proves that despite everything SW still has legs. The series will continue in production for several years and they're bringing in Kevin Feige to (hopefully) stabilize things. There's genuine hope. I'm old enough to remember the dark times in the late 80s and early 90s when nothing was happening with SW and yet it still remained popular. Most franchise "deaths" are premature. Years pass, fresh ideas come up, new content is released and suddenly things get "hot" again. Hopefully Bandai will focus on some remaining OT content and maybe some low-hanging fruit from the PT (Republic gunship is a no-brainer) before things gear up for the new Feige trilogy.

It may not even be Star Wars necessarily as much as it is scale modeling in general. People seem to want pre-painted statues and replicas more than kits. They don't seem as interested in doing model work

Toy and collectible sales as a whole have been on a downward trend over the past decade.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back