Bandai 1/72 X-Wing: Blue Leader, Rogue One ver.

I painted all the blue and yellow markings on mine. Having built a few of these by now, I build it up to the point where you assemble the fuselage halves and stop there for painting.

SB

Excellent work and super clean lines, really thought the yellow were decals.

Excellent work on these as well, guys.
Out of curiosity did you use the yellow decals or paint those areas?
I am seriously considering going this route on my Rogue One 1/72 since I've already built the 1/144 Red Rogue and more than a few "Red" X-Wings from the classic trilogy.

I don't know why this is bouncing around in my head (I suppose the sudden, obvious realization that not every X wing need be red or screen accurate) but I'm bouncing around the ideas of green, grey, black or possibly tan "desert strike" or a WW2 based version (maybe based on a P52).

Mine were painted on as well, as I didn't use any of the decals supplied with the kit.

For different colors, check out Andy's work on Britmodeller.com

Mine were painted on as well, as I didn't use any of the decals supplied with the kit.

For different colors, check out Andy's work on Britmodeller.com

Thanks for the link...that is definitely a different take on the X-wing, but stunning. After building 3 "red" X-Wings this is along the lines of what I have in mind...thanks again, buddy.

EDIT: Meant to add that the open panels and base are mindblowing....didn't mean to imply that my build would compare to the level of skill shown on that build.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link...that is definitely a different take on the X-wing, but stunning. After building 3 "red" X-Wings this is along the lines of what I have in mind...thanks again, buddy.

EDIT: Meant to add that the open panels and base are mindblowing....didn't mean to imply that my build would compare to the level of skill shown on that build.
If you have time, search for his other scifi builds on Britmodeller. They are beyond impressive (and his AFV builds).

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back