Back To The Future Part III

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MattgomeryBurns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

shinema

I made a good high res map of the 1885 Hill Valley, but...the We'regoingbackto1885 Event Map was a reproduction of the original one Stephen Clark owns, and it was only allowed to be reproduced under the agreement that it wouldn't be re-reproduced. So can't simply share this map in public if you know what I mean...

SuperDeanio

Over the past couple of weeks I have painstakingly recreated the 1885 Hill Valley railway map digitally by hand based on the photos provided above.

I lens corrected and perspective corrected all the images into a base reference layer that I was able to use as a guide for the redrawing of the map.

My canvas resolution is 55" Wide by 36" tall at 300 dpi, I wanted it as high-res as I needed to print it natively at that size for my office.

I also spent a very long time looking at railway maps trying to decipher many of the stop names along the map insert. I noticed that many stops were either skipped entirely, or made-up town names (likely crew, friends, and family names), and these have all been preserved as best I could.

My intent is to get it printed on a parchment/canvas mix ($10 per square foot.. it'll be about a $150 print) and add some ageing via the coffee/tea method prior to framing, hopefully matching the same gold/brown tones as the letters from the film in 1955.

IMG_9779.jpg IMG_9780.jpg IMG_9782.jpg IMG_9783.jpg IMG_9784.jpg IMG_9785.jpg IMG_9786.jpg

SuperDeanio

Got this printed on a linen/canvas mix, which took the ageing process REALLY well. Attached are pictures of a small-scale test print, and then at full-size on the wall.

For the full size version, it took two full pots of coffee to adequately age the paper.

Attachments

• EHCSgPKXYAM89Y5.jpg
    EHCSgPKXYAM89Y5.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 70
  • EHISFMSWsAEiPHD.jpg
    EHISFMSWsAEiPHD.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 76
  • EHISFMUX0AAYJwq.jpg
    EHISFMUX0AAYJwq.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 82
  • EHCSgPJX0AAb7g8.jpg
    EHCSgPJX0AAb7g8.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 11.11.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 11.11.46 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 78

samullockwood

Over the past couple of weeks I have painstakingly recreated the 1885 Hill Valley railway map digitally by hand based on the photos provided above.

I lens corrected and perspective corrected all the images into a base reference layer that I was able to use as a guide for the redrawing of the map.

My canvas resolution is 55" Wide by 36" tall at 300 dpi, I wanted it as high-res as I needed to print it natively at that size for my office.

I also spent a very long time looking at railway maps trying to decipher many of the stop names along the map insert. I noticed that many stops were either skipped entirely, or made-up town names (likely crew, friends, and family names), and these have all been preserved as best I could.

My intent is to get it printed on a parchment/canvas mix ($10 per square foot.. it'll be about a $150 print) and add some ageing via the coffee/tea method prior to framing, hopefully matching the same gold/brown tones as the letters from the film in 1955.

View attachment 1071476 View attachment 1071477 View attachment 1071478 View attachment 1071479 View attachment 1071480 View attachment 1071481 View attachment 1071482
Hi could you send me a pdf with this on please

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.