Back To The Future Part III

I made a good high res map of the 1885 Hill Valley, but...the We'regoingbackto1885 Event Map was a reproduction of the original one Stephen Clark owns, and it was only allowed to be reproduced under the agreement that it wouldn't be re-reproduced. So can't simply share this map in public if you know what I mean...

Over the past couple of weeks I have painstakingly recreated the 1885 Hill Valley railway map digitally by hand based on the photos provided above.

I lens corrected and perspective corrected all the images into a base reference layer that I was able to use as a guide for the redrawing of the map.

My canvas resolution is 55" Wide by 36" tall at 300 dpi, I wanted it as high-res as I needed to print it natively at that size for my office.

I also spent a very long time looking at railway maps trying to decipher many of the stop names along the map insert. I noticed that many stops were either skipped entirely, or made-up town names (likely crew, friends, and family names), and these have all been preserved as best I could.

My intent is to get it printed on a parchment/canvas mix ($10 per square foot.. it'll be about a $150 print) and add some ageing via the coffee/tea method prior to framing, hopefully matching the same gold/brown tones as the letters from the film in 1955.

IMG_9779.jpgIMG_9780.jpgIMG_9782.jpgIMG_9783.jpgIMG_9784.jpgIMG_9785.jpgIMG_9786.jpg

Got this printed on a linen/canvas mix, which took the ageing process REALLY well. Attached are pictures of a small-scale test print, and then at full-size on the wall.

For the full size version, it took two full pots of coffee to adequately age the paper.

Attachments

• EHCSgPKXYAM89Y5.jpg
    EHCSgPKXYAM89Y5.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 87
  • EHISFMSWsAEiPHD.jpg
    EHISFMSWsAEiPHD.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 90
  • EHISFMUX0AAYJwq.jpg
    EHISFMUX0AAYJwq.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 94
  • EHCSgPJX0AAb7g8.jpg
    EHCSgPJX0AAb7g8.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 11.11.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 11.11.46 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
Over the past couple of weeks I have painstakingly recreated the 1885 Hill Valley railway map digitally by hand based on the photos provided above.

I lens corrected and perspective corrected all the images into a base reference layer that I was able to use as a guide for the redrawing of the map.

My canvas resolution is 55" Wide by 36" tall at 300 dpi, I wanted it as high-res as I needed to print it natively at that size for my office.

I also spent a very long time looking at railway maps trying to decipher many of the stop names along the map insert. I noticed that many stops were either skipped entirely, or made-up town names (likely crew, friends, and family names), and these have all been preserved as best I could.

My intent is to get it printed on a parchment/canvas mix ($10 per square foot.. it'll be about a $150 print) and add some ageing via the coffee/tea method prior to framing, hopefully matching the same gold/brown tones as the letters from the film in 1955.

View attachment 1071476View attachment 1071477View attachment 1071478View attachment 1071479View attachment 1071480View attachment 1071481View attachment 1071482
Hi could you send me a pdf with this on please

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back