Back to the Future II 2015 Jacket Build NEW VIDEO JACKET pg 27!!!

Now that was uncalled for. You're really immature.

i dont think it was uncalled for or immature.. but thats a discussion for another thread.

I really like what you have done jedifyfe, it looks amazing! i plan do add the weather stripping to my jacket this weekend.

Can i just ask how is the glue holding up on your jacket? mine started to come off so i had to sew it on with red cotton you cannot see it and i found holds the grip mat on tighter

Can i just ask how is the glue holding up on your jacket? mine started to come off so i had to sew it on with red cotton you cannot see it and i found holds the grip mat on tighter

The hot glue doesn't work at all but the Loctite glues holds as good or better than sewing it.

i dont think it was uncalled for or immature.. but thats a discussion for another thread.

I really like what you have done jedifyfe, it looks amazing! i plan do add the weather stripping to my jacket this weekend.

Calling someone out on an entirely different thread IS uncalled for. I will not discuss this anymore.

Raising the bar yet again Brad, Outstanding! As others have said, this shall be the new model of inspiration when making the new bttf jacket!
As usual, great video as well, YOu have a very "professional" tone to your voice and sound like a really nice easy going guy. Thank you for taking the time to make that video. I shows the detail off quite a bit! Inspirational to us all! I vote Jedi Fyfe mayor of 2015.

Last edited:
Thanks Scott. I think the Members Only jacket is really a great base jacket for this. It has all the right items needed. I appreciate the compliments. :thumbsup

Hi there.

My first post. My next will be to introduce myself in the new member forum.

Jedifyfe... You mention in that video that your old darker sleeved jacket you were considering selling. I would be happy to buy it, and pay for full registered post to Thailand where I live. I can pay by PayPal or card or even western union if you like.

I just got my v2 mags, and am looking forward to sorting out the nike el.

I also have an I robot Sonny head, the naff ET spaceship that came with the recent bluray, and a few other bits and pieces.

I'm a huge bttf fan, so I am concentrating my efforts on the mags the jacket and the hover board.

Please let me know, and go easy on the noob. Hehe

Just wondering if anyone might be able to help out with some advice on how to get the electronics in the jacket to function as they appear in the movie? I want to use a USB sound chip from bigdawgspromo.com for the sounds. The sounds being: beep alert/ size adjust/jacket drying. I also want to hook up a flashing LED, which I've seen on ebay, powered by a 9v battery.

So my main problem is how to hook up the sound unit and the LED, so that one press of a button activates the beeping sound and starts the LED flashing, then pressing another button to activate the jacket drying or size adjusting sound/ and turn off the LED. The fact that they also have their own power sources is another thing I'm having trouble getting my head around, as I wouldn't want to ruin any of the components.

The sound chip itself has an individual button to activate each sound and the LED comes with no switch at all. I think it would be cool to have a switch in the cuff to activate the jacket, then to turn activate the second sound effect at the waistband like the movie. The following picture is just to demonstrate the functionality and rough layout on the jacket, but the logistics behind getting the think to actually function are beyond my knowledge.

hey guys, got some pretty good news. Its about the inner lining. Now the Mrs knows about this jacket im trying to make, and shes know about since i started it about a year ago. And the one thing ive always talked to her about is the inner lining.
Well she was out shopping for a dress for a wedding and guess what the little eagle eyed beauty found? yep, the exact material. folds and everything. This dress is £100! And to top it off she took lots of pictures and a few videos to show how it moves. She said it feels silky material and isnt stretchy. it only looks stretchy because of the folds. once you have pulled the folds out it stops moving. anyway here a link to the site its on, take a peek. im going to go there today to have a peek for myself. what ya think?
Phase Eight | Women's Dresses | Katrina Crush Dress

Looks amazing Jedifyfe :D!! I'm re posting the pictures for people who might have not seen, but my bttf2 outfit is complete xD

920985_669682573047063_293025560_o.jpg

Last edited:
hey guys, got some pretty good news. Its about the inner lining. Now the Mrs knows about this jacket im trying to make, and shes know about since i started it about a year ago. And the one thing ive always talked to her about is the inner lining.
Well she was out shopping for a dress for a wedding and guess what the little eagle eyed beauty found? yep, the exact material. folds and everything. This dress is £100! And to top it off she took lots of pictures and a few videos to show how it moves. She said it feels silky material and isnt stretchy. it only looks stretchy because of the folds. once you have pulled the folds out it stops moving. anyway here a link to the site its on, take a peek. im going to go there today to have a peek for myself. what ya think?
Phase Eight | Women's Dresses | Katrina Crush Dress

It doesn't look like it has the multi-colors like the original but the idea looks to be there.

It doesn't look like it has the multi-colors like the original but the idea looks to be there.
Ya noticed that huh? good observation Einstein lol. Yeah it's not the colours I'm interested in, it's the technique to create the texture in the fabric. Colouring it will be the easy bit.

Well when you say exact material, folds and all one would think you mean no modification necessary. Plenty of people make such claims without realizing their lack of accuracy so if your going to fire sarcasm over a claim atleast be sure you were specific enough to try and make someone else look stupid.

Well when you say exact material, folds and all one would think you mean no modification necessary. Plenty of people make such claims without realizing their lack of accuracy so if your going to fire sarcasm over a claim atleast be sure you were specific enough to try and make someone else look stupid.
Didn't mean to offend chief, was just trying to have a laugh/ a joke. I did only say exact 'material' I never said anything about the colour.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back