Back to the Future 1985 Denim Jacket 2018 Update

It's labeled as a size 18 and is the same length as my 2021 Headgoonie jacket. I have a thread about my newest project involving the vest if you want to check it out.

Hi guys,
I want to show you my Marty's denim jacket replica.
I found it brand new on Grailed and I bought it.
Maybe it's not accurate as Headgoonie jacket (the front pockets seems a little bit larger and the color of denim is too dark), but the quality is great.
It has come with a pin too.
Made in Japan by orSlow × BEAMS
That orSlow jacket seems pretty good for what it is, especially compared to other low priced replicas. I've actually done some research on his specific replica earlier in this thread.

Friend of mine found some jeans in the right fabric and color. He's using them for his own custom replica but he placed them inside his correct color vest just to see what it would look like as a jacket.
received_416975077680722~2.jpeg

Something weird has happened. The official BTTF merch website is doing a limited time 30 day sale of some stuff, and one of those items is a 2021 Headgoonie jacket with the branding removed and replaced with official Back to the Future branding, and autographs by Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd.

Thought it was fake at first but it's real, posted on both their official socials.

On the webpage there is no mention of Headgoonie or anything anywhere, although the photo of the jacket is taken from their website, and the branding on the photos has just been (badly) digitally covered up with their own branding.

Yes, that is actually Michael J Fox wearing a Headgoonie jacket.
static.png

Screenshot_20240503-080910~2.png

Edit: This seems to be done without permission, they stole Headgoonies images. I don't know what they are actually shipping out, but I doubt it's the Headgoonie that MJ is wearing.
Edit 2: Confirmation from a Headgoonie designer that this was unauthorised. The website has since been updated with their own jacket, which has taken very obvious inspiration from the Headgoonie jacket (reason why Michael J Fox is wearing a Headgoonie jacket, they bought a Headgoonie). Even the darker triangle from the guess patch was replicated, although they have just simply sowed a black triangle on top of the denim. MJ is still shown wearing a Headgoonie on the updated page.
1714753426551.png

Attachments

• static (1).png
    static (1).png
    737.3 KB · Views: 22
  • static (2).png
    static (2).png
    826.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Something weird has happened. The official BTTF merch website is doing a limited time 30 day sale of some stuff, and one of those items is a 2021 Headgoonie jacket with the branding removed and replaced with official Back to the Future branding, and autographs by Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd.

Thought it was fake at first but it's real, posted on both their official socials.

On the webpage there is no mention of Headgoonie or anything anywhere, although the photo of the jacket is taken from their website, and the branding on the photos has just been (badly) digitally covered up with their own branding.

Yes, that is actually Michael J Fox wearing a Headgoonie jacket.
View attachment 1816017

View attachment 1816016

Edit: This seems to be done without permission, they stole Headgoonies images. I don't know what they are actually shipping out, but I doubt it's the Headgoonie that MJ is wearing.
Edit 2: Confirmation from a Headgoonie designer that this was unauthorised. The website has since been updated with their own jacket, which has taken very obvious inspiration from the Headgoonie jacket (reason why Michael J Fox is wearing a Headgoonie jacket, they bought a Headgoonie). Even the darker triangle from the guess patch was replicated, although they have just simply sowed a black triangle on top of the denim. MJ is still shown wearing a Headgoonie on the updated page.
View attachment 1816251
Yeah I have been following that. They didn't even try to get the snap fasteners right lol Completely wrong.

I have this idea of a custom tag to resemble the Guess tag. A very crude drawing with inverted colors. I decided against using Size 18 due to that being the children's scale. So I went with Small. For now the Style is BTTF but another good option would be 1985. Still deciding on that.
20240506_004451.jpg
Screenshot_20240506_151651_Photos.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back