Back to the Future 1985 Denim Jacket 2018 Update

You could have still posted some updates or responded to questions on your thread. You have the time now lol

I don’t need a favor lol. You either post it or not, apparently you have all of the control of the proof of what happened to that jacket and it seems like you don’t want to share it.
Thank you for demonstrating the exact type of entitlement that other fans have shown that has lead me to this point.

Thank you for demonstrating the exact type of entitlement that other fans have shown that has lead me to
Oh stop being so dramatic. You can keep that picture you have of the jacket. I’m not demanding anything or planning on harassing whoever has it now lol.

And if you’re that busy then maybe think about posting an update on your jacket thread if you have the time to reply to me ‍;)

Oh stop being so dramatic. You can keep that picture you have of the jacket. I’m not demanding anything or planning on harassing whoever has it now lol.

And if you’re that busy then maybe think about posting an update on your jacket thread if you have the time to reply to me ‍;)
Have a great day, man. I hope it’s the one you deserve.

I’ve shown it to people with the knowledge and/or collections to confirm my finding and they have.

Sadly because some people can’t control themselves, (and I am still dealing with a couple of them) I have still not decided to release anything further.

People’s curiosity is not more important than the winner’s privacy.
I would by lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. This jacket has been somewhat of a mystery for a while, and when it seems like real progress would be made on it's history... it's spoiled by others.

I appreciate your findings and your work, and I still absolutely would love to see photographic proof of its existence. I understand you want to ensure the winner keeps their privacy, but what is the issue in showcasing just an image of it?

I don't mean this in any demeaning way at all, I have absolutely nothing against you, I just don't fully understand. I'm just really interested in the history of this jacket and it's unfortunate things must be kept a secret.

I would by lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. This jacket has been somewhat of a mystery for a while, and when it seems like real progress would be made on it's history... it's spoiled by others.

I appreciate your findings and your work, and I still absolutely would love to see photographic proof of its existence. I understand you want to ensure the winner keeps their privacy, but what is the issue in showcasing just an image of it?

I don't mean this in any demeaning way at all, I have absolutely nothing against you, I just don't fully understand. I'm just really interested in the history of this jacket and it's unfortunate things must be kept a secret.
I didn't take it to be demeaning at all. I would be asking the same thing in your shoes.

It all comes down to unintended consequences. I made fractions of information public and the unintended consequences led to to the winner being doxed and harassed. I don't want to risk further unintended consequences by releasing an image. I didn't expect people to be able to dox the winner based on what I previously posted so I haven no idea what someone could do with an image, censored or not.

As I said, I had originally intended to release everything! But because a handful of the more toxic people in the community couldn't wait one week for me to verify my findings, I have to take a hard line now. I get how frustrating that is, but imagine how frustrated, sad, and disappointed I am working on this for over 8 years only to have people do what they did to the winner at the 11th hour... and then to be called all the things I have been called publicly and privately since simply because I won't be bullied into risking the winner's privacy again.

I’ve shown it to people with the knowledge and/or collections to confirm my finding and they have.

Sadly because some people can’t control themselves, (and I am still dealing with a couple of them) I have still not decided to release anything further.

People’s curiosity is not more important than the winner’s privacy.
I doubt anybody has as much time, money and skin in the '85 Mcfly cosplay game than I. Yet I'm not allowed to even see the photo?

Pssssssssssh!

Literally the most accurate Mcfly cosplay on therpf.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230613_091556_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230613_091556_Gallery.jpg
    991 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_20230613_093212_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230613_093212_Gallery.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 20230613_100843.jpg
    20230613_100843.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
I doubt anybody has as much time, money and skin in the '85 Mcfly cosplay game than I. Yet I'm not allowed to even see the photo?

Pssssssssssh!

Literally the most accurate Mcfly cosplay on therpf.
I really hope you’re being sarcastic.

Obviously a near perfect costume but I’m so worn out from people on this subject I seriously can’t even tell who is serious and who is joking about stuff.

Seriously, i like my 2021 version of the headgoonie bomber jacket but i can’t overstate how they had a really close color pattern in 2018 and they’ve made it darker and globally worse in 2021, it’s a shame really. The new colors are not close at all imo.

I hope that they will keep the overall shape of the new jacket and revert to those 2018 colors with the poppy blue and the light grey which is so much closer to the screen used Guess P6108 jacket. I own the 2021 but i still think the most accurate replica out there is the 2018 version.

Last edited:
Just letting everyone know, Headgoonie just put up their 2023 Marty Jacket up for sale.

Main changes is the colour tone of the paisley and Hollywood liner. It is now more yellowed compared to the white it was before. The denim also looks a *tiny* bit lighter. It was just put up today, and they live streamed on Instagram showing each size and overall fit.
Headgoonie 2023 Jacket.png

Instagram stream archive:

Last edited:
Just letting everyone know, Headgoonie just put up their 2023 Marty Jacket up for sale.

Main changes is the colour tone of the paisley and Hollywood liner. It is now more yellowed compared to the white it was before. The denim also looks a *tiny* bit lighter. It was just put up today, and they livestreamed on Instagram showing each size and overall fit.

View attachment 1743826
would I be wrong in saying the grey needs more of a blue hint to it ?

Thanks for sharing this. How about measurements? Are they still the same as the 2021 version?
The measurements on their website seem to be the exact same as they were on the 2021 version.
would I be wrong in saying the grey needs more of a blue hint to it ?
Yes, I still think it's not quite right. It needs to be a bit lighter with a more indigo hint.

I also think the liner colour is a tiny bit too yellow, but it might just be the photo.

I actually prefer the denim look of the 2021 jacket personally. It more closely follows the vertical drop pattern of real Guess jackets, even if the colour is not right.

The measurements on their website seem to be the exact same as they were on the 2021 version.

Yes, I still think it's not quite right. It needs to be a bit lighter with a more indigo hint.

I also think the liner colour is a tiny bit too yellow, but it might just be the photo.

I actually prefer the denim look of the 2021 jacket personally. It more closely follows the vertical drop pattern of real Guess jackets, even if the colour is not right.
yeah so the new jacket is closer in pattern / shape to a real guess jacket but the 2021 one is better colours ?

yeah so the new jacket is closer in pattern / shape to a real guess jacket but the 2021 one is better colours ?
The shape of the jackets are identical. The main difference of the 2023 jacket is the yellowed liner and slightly lighter grey.

I still think the denim look and colour of the 2021 jacket is more appealing. The vertical drop pattern I talked about is in the denim texture. From a certain distance you can make out a vertical pattern that is the same on real Guess jackets. That effect is hard to notice on the 2023 jacket.
57bd8e883521d66e84d6f3653f1bf239.jpg

But still, compared to this behind the scenes image you can tell the colour is still unfortunately very off.

Last edited:
The shape of the jackets are identical. The main difference of the 2023 jacket is the yellowed liner and slightly lighter grey.

I still think the denim look and colour of the 2021 jacket is more appealing. The vertical drop pattern I talked about is in the denim texture. From a certain distance you can make out a vertical pattern that is the same on real Guess jackets. That effect is hard to notice on the 2023 jacket.
View attachment 1744112
But still, compared to this behind the scenes image you can tell the colour is still unfortunately very off.
matches the colours in this shot hear more , I think I might try together a jacket and dye it again maybe or just sun fade it which may match the movie colours better.

Attachments

• 63B025B6-0FD3-42F5-954E-009C961135DF.png
    63B025B6-0FD3-42F5-954E-009C961135DF.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 46
The 2021 jacket already matched that scene pretty well. Like he said I also prefer the pattern on the 2021 version, not sure why they made it more plain looking.
matches the colours in this shot hear more , I think I might try together a jacket and dye it again maybe or just sun fade it which may match the movie colours better.

The 2021 jacket already matched that scene pretty well. Like he said I also prefer the pattern on the 2021 version, not sure why they made it more plain looking.
Yep, the 2023 jacket really looks like a downgrade in terms of the denim. Looks way too basic and flat like most other replicas. The 2021 jacket looked very close to the stonewash process of a real Guess jacket. They even described "the vertical fall of the outer denim" on the 2021 store page that gives the denim that specific look. That note is now removed from the 2023 jacket page.
Untitled-1.png

2023 jacket compared to 2021 and movie jacket.

Anyone who has got previous head goonie jackets how are there sizes , I’m usually a small to medium ( but I’m 6.1 ) any suggestions on what size to get ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back