Back to basics with makeup only

Werewolf33

Hi guys,

I had being doing prosthetic pieces and masks for so long, that I really felt I needed to have a go with the old skills again and use just plain make up, so a couple of weeks ago I did just that and these are the results. The first couple are a bruise on my arm and a large scratch on my hand and the rest were done on my dear wife, bless her she is a very willing model and love it, luckily for me!! I had a lot of fun, the blood on my wife's nose got a little smudge before I could photograph it properly and it was a tad too red, but on the whole it was fun doing old school stuff again. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited:
Everything looks quite genuine. I like the subtlety of the bruise -- good job!

Your wife should post photos on Facebook and caption them, "Look what he did to me!!"

(or not)

Everything looks quite genuine. I like the subtlety of the bruise -- good job!

Your wife should post photos on Facebook and caption them, "Look what he did to me!!"

(or not)

Thanks for the kind comment Doh2. I have been doing bruises and cuts since I was a kid, must have been a nightmare for my poor Mum, never really knowing if they were real or not!! Subtlety is the real art with bruises. Funny you should say that about facebook, as I did post them on my facebook and my wife's sister in law, who knows I am into ll this, did tease me about I bet they're real, sort of thing!! So I can appreciate the humour of doing that!! lol. Just thought it would be a bit of fun as I have been doing prosthetics for a while now and haven't done a basic make up only item like this in too long!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back