Babylon 5 PPG Battery

clanger68

Hi All,

Has anyone had experience with changing the battery, or more importantly identifying where it is, on a Richard A Coyle light and sound PPG from Babylon 5?

DSCN2734.JPG

I have taken mine apart and can't find it at all, short of actually destroying the prop to find it I am at a loss.

Mine still has power, but it is greatly diminished, would love to have it performing at its former glory.

I dropped RAC Props a message and he kindly replied, but he said it is in the ammo clip (I assumed Powercap) but it doesn't appear to be there on mine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

I can't see a battery in the exposed handle, the only place that would make sense in the Cap would be where I have indicated in the photo. Did the PPG make sound before?
DSCN2734.JPG

RACS made sounds and lit up as well.

Mine is in storage but I am watching this thread with interest

Thanks for the reply 19narvik40, it still makes sounds and lights up, just not as loud as it did.

I couldn't see how power could come from the Cap, seems I misunderstood what RAC Props initially said.

I have heard back again from Rich at RAC props and he has very helpfully, and kindly, given me instruction on how to replace the battery, which I have just done.

I took images as I did it to hopefully help anyone else who needs to do this.

I'd like to thank Rich again for his help, there is no way I would have worked this out on my own.

Hope they are of interest.

-Andy

image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage5.jpg image6.jpgimage7.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back