Babydoll's M1911A1

If I were you, I would use an x-acto or similar knife to carefully carve the slide serrations a little deeper, as the paint has filled them considerably.
Just a thought.
Other than that, beautiful work.

_A

The pistol is a ready made ABS plastic with a bright orange slide. The model is a M21 Airsoft Pistol, which is a replica of the M1911A1, besides the horrific orange slide. I bought it for around £19 from a local pound store which sells BB guns. I previously painted it black, then decided I wanted to replica Babydolls pistol, so I painted it silver. :)

Cheers!

If I were you, I would use an x-acto or similar knife to carefully carve the slide serrations a little deeper, as the paint has filled them considerably.
Just a thought.
Other than that, beautiful work.

_A

I was thinking the exact same thing! Although i'm really quite scared not to be totally honest, as it's taken so long to get the painting perfect :lol

Seeming as somebody else noticed it though, i'll do it tonight and post a little pic for you later :)

Yeah but the stunt one or "holster gun" is definatley a painted rubber copy. Looks almost identical in color to yours.

So if anyone asks, tell them it's BabyDoll's stunt pistol replica. ;)

^ That's right. Here is a pic of the Stunt:

weapons-sucker-punch-babydolls-pistol-sucker_punch_babydoll_pistol.jpg-57662d1309274556

Yeah but the stunt one or "holster gun" is definatley a painted rubber copy. Looks almost identical in color to yours.

So if anyone asks, tell them it's BabyDoll's stunt pistol replica. ;)

Haha yeah good idea! :p

I knew they must've had a stunt gun, but I didn't know it was rubber xD I'm figuring, one day I'll buy a real Colt 1911, have it nickplated and engraved, then get a sword and engrave that too. By then I'll have a nice space residence so I could buy the statues too ;)

I'm getting too excited! Need to calm down a bit :lol

^ That's right. Here is a pic of the Stunt:

weapons-sucker-punch-babydolls-pistol-sucker_punch_babydoll_pistol.jpg-57662d1309274556

Ah yeah I used these images to make my gun:)

Then I found out the real one is nickel plated, and so began to salivate over it...

Well not literally, but that sparked my passion in making this replica :)

Ah yeah I used these images to make my gun:)

Then I found out the real one is nickel plated, and so began to salivate over it...

Well not literally, but that sparked my passion in making this replica :)

That's also the real one, what you mean is the Hero one.

I am about to really get started on one for my wife's costume. After painting and applying the decal, what should I use to go over the decal and paint to protect it?

You can use an acrylic clearcoat to cover the decals, I've never had much luck with clearcoat and decals though to be honest.

You could use future floor polish (I think it goes by a new name now though) Search future floor wax or polish on here and I;m sure you'll find the info..

Hi all, first time poster here.
I'm hoping someone can help with my Babydoll costume. I'm down to the accessories, and I've struck a problem; I live in Australia. Guns aren't legal!
Can anyone suggest where I could buy a fake gun from, that looks similar to the 1911?

TIA

I'm hoping someone can help with my Babydoll costume. I'm down to the accessories, and I've struck a problem; I live in Australia. Guns aren't legal!
Can anyone suggest where I could buy a fake gun from, that looks similar to the 1911?

TIA

Depending on which state you live in, handguns and long-arms are not illegal in Australia.
You just need to licensed to own, it varies state to state on the requirements.
A fake gun is easy, just go to almost any "2 dollar shop" and browse their toys section, in Sydney I've found quite a few full (or nearly) sized toys that just need a paint-job to look the part.
Another option is to look on eBay for "electronic target toys", a few of them have colt 45 styled guns and some even have a "recoil action".
Yet another option is go to something like Paddy's Markets and look at all the toy guns on offer.

TIA

Everyone's favorite auction website has a water gun version of the 1911 listed every now and then. I just searched and there was one for about $10 US not including shipping. Search "VTG Auto-m" and you should find it if it's still there. I'm jealous, that one has water magazines and mine doesn't. :(

Oh, and about the decals. If you use epillepticsquirrel's be sure and seal them pretty quickly. I put my project on hold for a couple weeks and when I went back they had yellowed a bit. Probably just oxidation that wouldn't have happened if I had sealed them. I have extra decals though so no worries.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back