B5 Models?

micdavis

Master Member
I couldn't believe this.

A Wikipedia article about the new B5 DVD releases stated.

"To do this for the CGI, Atmosphere Visual Effects had to make use of fan created 3D models. The art assets of the original show were turned over to Warner Bros to be archived, with the studio mandating that no back ups be made, a request that was honoured. The archives ended up being lost however, which required the usage of fan created materials for reference."

Any of those "fans" reside here?

That's BS. I have copies of the CG files as does many others that worked at FI. JMS didn't try hard enough.

What do you want with the files Mic?

Mark

That's BS. I have copies of the CG files as does many others that worked at FI. JMS didn't try hard enough.

What do you want with the files Mic?

Mark

I don't need them, particularly, I just thought that sounded riduculous.

But heck, I' love to build a Shadow ship if you've got the file(s).

The real dark secret took place when Netter Digital was formed by producers Doug Netter and John Copeland. They decided to end the relationship with Foundation Imaging. They took all the CG models and recruited some of the animators to go on there own. Netter Digital went under pretty fast but FI continued through the end of Star Trek DS9 and Voyager. We even did the directors cut of the Motion Picture. But the partners who owned FI disolved the company. But those CG models were around and are still around and can easily be had. I don't see why JMS had to keep the ego thing going. It's a shame, they could of had there models again to use.

Mic, these are in Lightwave format. They are not ready for any kind of rapid prototyping. They need to be reworked. Are you asking for renders? Or the data files? and Kip, Wolfster, has a nice kit of the Shadow ships fyi.

My Whitestar kit saw two releases and I only have my one kit built. No more patterns thanks to Anubis Productions.

Mark

Funny you should ask that. I don't but I had been looking for the files when the archiving was done. I was only able to find the mesh's for a couple of the ships from Starship Troopers the CG series.

Mark

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back