Avp At Unversal Studio Florida

timkatkor

Unversal Studios Florida Halloween Horror Nights is featuring Alien Vs Predator this year!!! check it out look awesome!!!

Tim

Bummer about no costumes... but understandable. Disney gave my hubby and I a really hard time at their Halloween Haunt a few years ago because our costumes were "too good". (I was Emily from The Corpse Bride and William was Vader Revealed) They were fearful that the guests would mistaken us as employees and if we misbehaved they would be blamed.

I could only imagine Universal's discomfort if my awesome looking hunt brothers showed up at their door. Heh heh....

This is still a fun opportunity to have a THL gathering. I know I want to go!

I'm not a big fan of haunted houses, but I was really interested to see what the sets and costumes looked like for this.  Unfortunately my wife REFUSES to go to a haunted house and I was really hoping to convince her to go there as my hunt handler, and then maybe convince her to go inside.  But if no costumes are allowed, then no hope of that >.<  I get it's all liability, but it would have been cool if they would have reached out to this community for character volunteers >.<

We live 2 hours from Universal and go there at least once a month. This will be my first Halloween horror nights !!!! We were there last week and they were setting things up. Did not see any AVP stuff.

Pat Magee is handling the AVP stuff in Hollywood. My good friend and Immortal Masks sculptor, John Wrightson has been working on the suits .. ADI provided molds for the Alien Queen ..stuff is going to rock. Blue Whale Studios is handling the AVP stuff in Orlando

OMG Thank you so much for posting these!!  I was never going to be able to go, and was waiting to check online for a video.  This looks so awesome!  Except I would get in trouble because I would just spend hours in each room checking everything out and not wanting to leave lol.  I'm curious how many of the wall scares are costumes vs. animatronic.  The hall in the first one where the Xeno and Pred are coming out of either side has jerky motions like puppets, but I can't imagine they're unmanned with how far they come out.  I prefer animatronics, because I don't like the awkward "running out of a dark corner and staring you in the face" and "follow you around to make you uncomfortable" haunted house characters, which seem to be most of them.  I much prefer when the setting itself is scary.  Like in the second video with all the eggs on the floor and there's cables just moving around.  Says there's something moving under there but you don't get to see it.

On our way to Universal as I type this ! We got a two day pass, so we will go tonight and tomorrow. The pas is actually good for three weeks so if it's really good we might go back next weeken.

AVP house at Universal Orlando is Awsome. A 45 minute line brought us to the entrance. Around a dark corner and a blast of fog and strobe and out jumps an alien. Not a full person suit just the head and torso but nice details and scary as hell. The next corner and out jumps a Pred. This was a person is a full suit. Looked pretty good in the dark with fog and strobe. Not to mention my heart attack. The whole house was like this. Set up as the inside of a space ship. looked very well done with aliens, face huggers, and 4 full suit preds. The timing is critical when walking thru the house. If you time it wrong you mis all the jump outs and don't see much. But time it right and your heart never stops. We're going back today as soon as they open and hopefully I can get a better view and keep my heart rate down.

I would love to seek more AVP stuff outside the house (there was nothing except in the house) and more tri-lasers shooting around.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back