Avengers Trailer Screencaps Showing Iron Man, Capt. and Thor

Venjix

I took these from the trailer that was just released. In pic 6, Thor's outfit looks sorta leathery/velvet.
I guess he has 2 outfits in the film. Is it just me or the handle on Thor's hammer is longer and skinnier?
It doesn't look as stout as it does in the first film.

ironmanfly.jpg

captainironman.jpg

imavengers2.jpg

imavengers.jpg

thorham.jpg

thoravengers.jpg

thorv.jpg

thorham2.jpg

(Thor) Is it a different costume or just some superficial changes? From the pic where he's laughing to the others it looks as if some details are just added on (disks, etc.)?
On the hammer, wasn't there some rumblings of the addition of the endcap and some minor changes?
Either way, like the trailer and very excited about the film.

As far as Thors hammer I know they added the metal endcap and changed the ribbing on the handle to look mor excentuated(SP?). The Trailer is so Badass I cannot wait for the Film!

I'm a firm believer that there will be an upgrade in the movie for Iron Man. It's similar to what they did for the promotional stuff for IM2. In the initial trailers and action figures etc you only saw the mk IV or the promotional color version of the mk VI, which had no silver and less gold. They didn't actually reveal the movie accurate color scheme until the film came out. This will probably be the same case for him in this movie.

Regardless, VERY excited. :)

I noticed that Captain America has a black costume at one point in the trailer. Is this new info? Anyone know what that's about?
V4C8u.jpg

Sooo aren't we glad Cap doesn't rock the new helm in the trailer? Which will change since he wears it in battle and yea there's a lot of fighting. Thor's "casual" outfit looks pretty good, hope i can throw one together soon!

Did you watch the entire movie? Learning some humility was part of the plot. But still, arrogance is part of his character, you know, being a god and all.

kind the mark III makes a come back!
lcNgv.png

4YVy7.jpg

theory a: they don't have finished cg effects so they use a provisional holder mkIII 3d model
theory b: is a new suit that they don't want to show us yet
theory c: is actually the mark III which i love it and glad to have that armor back!

Thats not the MARK3 its a Brand New Armor with Cannons in the Shoulders. It has similar look to the MK3 and one of Adi Granovs Early concept designs made for the First movie combined with somewhat a mix of the Warmachine upper legs and the MK3 legs.

The suit is a Tri color of Gold, red and silver.

In the photo bellow its has features of the design to the far right.
3027203505_cb29f7301e.jpg

AND the bellow is very similar to the NEW design.

Battle_Damaged.jpg

Here is the Concept for the NEW IRONMAN design.
The-Avengers-Iron-Man-323x500.jpg

Last edited:
kind the mark III makes a come back!
lcNgv.png

4YVy7.jpg

theory a: they don't have finished cg effects so they use a provisional holder mkIII 3d model
theory b: is a new suit that they don't want to show us yet
theory c: is actually the mark III which i love it and glad to have that armor back!

I prefer your "theory c". Best IM suit.

The shot where the helmet closes is actually taken from Iron man 1. They just changed the lights in the background from blue to green.

Im a continuity freak. Id prefer if they kept the costumes the same. Cap's costume really looked better in TFA and Thor really needs to have bigger arms if he's going to rock the sleeveless look. Im going to have to get used to the up
That's my fanboy nitpicking so far....

If anyone would like a 1920 x 1080 wallpaper of the first pic, here it is. Click on 'zoom' and it'll give you the big one

Man, the close-up of Thor, I know they can't spend as much on each character as they did for their individual films but Thor's armour looks kinda tacky, especially the stitched on leather bits.
But hey, its still gonna be a kick arse movie!

I noticed that Captain America has a black costume at one point in the trailer. Is this new info? Anyone know what that's about?
V4C8u.jpg

A friend of mine works at marvel. I wound up asking him if there was a black version of the captain america suit and i also sent him this pic to show him what i was talking about. He told me that this is just lighting. it is still blue just like in the first movie..

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back