Avengers' Thor Foam Build for Halloween 2012 - Updated finished pics pg 2!

Re: Avengers' Thor Foam Build for Halloween 2012

thats cool, i love the tesseract. would it be ok to use your idea on it to make me a prob for one? and i cant wait to see the finish work

brent

Thanks a lot for the image.
Amazing work... I want to see the costume complete.
Greetings from Venezuela.

Thank you all for you kind words. It's been a fun project to work on over the past few months.

thats cool, i love the tesseract. would it be ok to use your idea on it to make me a prob for one? and i cant wait to see the finish work

brent

Of course it would be ok. I didn't actually think of that method myself, I saw it done in this thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/build-tesseract-cosmic-cube-must-any-avengers-154280/

It seemed so easy that I just picked up a few supplies on my next trip to Michaels and it took no time at all.

Again, where to get this sort of Hammer? I am in need of one for my own build, and it wouldn´t hurt if it was cheap, so to speak :)

Again, where to get this sort of Hammer? I am in need of one for my own build, and it wouldn´t hurt if it was cheap, so to speak :)

Again, they're fairly easy to find. Just search eBay or Amazon.com for "Thor disguise hammer." You can easily get one for less than $10.

Really cool looking. If i had more time i would realy want to cosplay that. But halloween party is already this weekend so im going with a simple costume.
Lego man. Simple to make and still a good outfit.
Next year im going to start at least 2-3 monthes sooner. Realy liked the hammer and cosmic cube ideas simple but good results.

Also Your costume looks awsome. Do you have finished pics of you wearing the outfit? Would realy like to see that. :D

Last edited:

I had no idea they were THAT inexpensive! Now the problem is finding someone to ship them to Brasil! (if I don´t, I´ll post here asking for help, I think... :) Thanks!!! :)

FINISHED!! Kind of... I had to throw some boots together last minute so they fell apart after a night. But I just needed something to have on my feet. I got some great reactions at my church's Halloween event. The kids loved it. Avengers were popular costumes this year. A friend of mine snapped a few pics before service.

eab7760e676b25f9dead19ffa73a2053_zpsba1c9065.jpg

a63012fc88a58f9eade7c2a39f63e74a_zps571d45ff.jpg

And in case you want a reference as to what I was going for:

ad80e24c9c2e134ad013ced593611fca_zps51ae1bd8.jpg

Some friends of mine had some fun with photoshop :lol

fa87a3c74483b4c8c4c7be648ed5d248_zpsb28be70b.jpg

Where did you get the patterns of the thor costume?

I linked back to the tumblr post where the templates are earlier in this thread. Be sure to link back there if you post them anywhere else.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back