Avengers style Hawkeye and Nick Fury Costume W.I.P.

Re: Avengers style Hawkeye Costume W.I.P.

Yeah that would be awesome. Thanks.

I dont know what your timeframe is for the dark knight suit but it will take some time. Batsuits are awesome but can be a pain in the ass most of the time.:lol

I figured that, thats why I am starting ASAP

Omfg! I would kill to have that suit. I Need this suit! I WANT this suit! I GOTTA have this suit lol

I had some progress but it wasn't accurate enough so I scrapped it and started over. This time I am even giving myself a bigger budget to get higher quality parts for it.

It's gonna look great, but I will miss Hawkeye's mask!

Remember to peace-tie the weapon, at least the arrows. Nothing is worse than having your best prop taken away from you at the door. I was in Vegas as Snake Eyes a few years ago, and when they had finished taking away all of my stuff, I was "guy in black tight clothes" for Hallowe'en! Tho, it DID look funny when the coatcheck girl handed all my stuff back later! Like a scene from "Mad Max 3"!

Remember to peace-tie the weapon, at least the arrows. Nothing is worse than having your best prop taken away from you at the door. I was in Vegas as Snake Eyes a few years ago, and when they had finished taking away all of my stuff, I was "guy in black tight clothes" for Hallowe'en! Tho, it DID look funny when the coatcheck girl handed all my stuff back later! Like a scene from "Mad Max 3"!

Thanks for the advice but what does peace-tie mean?

Thanks for the advice but what does peace-tie mean?

The reference is to "peace bonding" to ensure nobody brings in a weapon that will cause injury to Con-goer's. Basically making sure the prop is safe to be handled without hurting anyone.
I do this with my comic Hawkeye costume by punching a small hole in the fletching zip tying the arrow to the bowstring and have never had an issue with Con security. I have it set up so that I can carry the arrow along the bowstring and/or nock it for photo ops. It also allows for better photos as the zip tie can be covered with your hand.

Last edited:

The reference is to "peace bonding" to ensure nobody brings in a weapon that will cause injury to Con-goer's. Basically making sure the prop is safe to be handled without hurting anyone.
I do this with my comic Hawkeye costume by punching a small hole in the fletching zip tying the arrow to the bowstring and have never had an issue with Con security. I have it set up so that I can carry the arrow along the bowstring and/or nock it for photo ops. It also allows for better photos as the zip tie can be covered with your hand.

Thank You, I make sure I do this.

Awesome costume. I can see a lot of people doing Avengers costumes next year!

I will be custom making the arm guard, shooting glove and quiver, so if you would like templates and patterns when I am done I will be happy to help.

Thanks, I will ask when I need some, because this is my first full batman build.

Hey looking forward to seeing your costume man I am working on mine to any chance you can help me with the templates and patterns

Sounds good, When I finish templates for the quiver, and archer glove, and shield logo, I will post those too so you can use them.

I am planning on doing this costume as well. I would love to have a copy of the templates you come up with as well.

After looking more heavily at the pictures, it really looks like the pants are actually overalls, and I am almost sure that they are motorcycle gear. Not sure who makes them though. Still looking. Anyone else have any idea?

After looking more heavily at the pictures, it really looks like the pants are actually overalls, and I am almost sure that they are motorcycle gear. Not sure who makes them though. Still looking. Anyone else have any idea?

They're a seperate piece; there was a short video released a week or so ago showing the final shooting scene w/ ScarJo and Renner. Although the focus of the video was how everyone was wanting to hug Johannsen for the wrap, it showed Renner without the vest. He's wearing a T-shirt underneath tucked into the pants.
It's possibly cycle gear but I would bet more likely custom made. For a while I thought it may have been a modification to some of the newer tactical pants Blackhawk ITS HPFU V.2 Performance Combat Pants.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back