Done / Completed Avengers Infinity War: Gamora's Spring Knife

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang,

This is following from my build thread on Gamora's switchblade / spring knife:
https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/infinity-war-gamoras-switchblade.302529/

A couple months ago I was asked to build one of these for a private collector alongside the one I was making for myself. This prop is now far enough along that I will offer a handful of kits to those that may want them.
  • Six copes only will be made of this in kit form- one for each Infinity Stone.
  • It's a high-resolution pro-grade engineering resin print comprised of the body, gems blade mounts and blades.
  • Details are super crisp and print lines are minimal-to-nonexistent.
  • Details have been transferred directly from the CGI prop using a special (but painstakingly difficult) method I've started using.
  • The blades and body have holes for magnets.

The cost of a kit is $280 shipped. (A full buildup is $800 and would be possible only if I have time.) PM if you want one, thanks.

Note: I will also be selling a few prototypes, in various stages of completion- from finished to "all parts painted but not assembled". The prototypes do not have sockets for magnets.

Photos:
Finished (almost) prototype (still have to add some gems and a little weathering):
1570053215643.png

1570052196609.png

Resin kit parts:
1570027819567.png

1570053638178.png

Finishing tips (no airbrush needed):
  • Light wetsanding overall, 400,800 grit.
  • Base coat with regular plastic primer. Then whatever brass/gold and silver you prefer.
  • Weather the blades and body with Citadel Contrast Paint "Black Templar" (or use any black-brown wash you like)
  • Color the gems with Tamiya Clear Red. You DON'T need an airbrush (though the results will be a little better), just lay it on thick and it'll settle. Then put on a gloss clear coat (Vallejo water-based polyurethane is great and can be brushed on... preserves metallics too, even over "chromes" like Molotow!)
  • Fill the tiny pinhole gems on the blades with a mix of Tamiya clear red and clear epoxy or PVA glue
Cheers everyone!

Last edited:
Haha sure, np. This really only applies to this kit though. A lot of folks still think all 3d prints need to be smothered in bondo. : )

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back