Thanks for the advice Mat, I'll definitely have to look into that.

Haven't ever worked with fillers in resin, anything I should be aware of?

I try not to use more than half the total volume of filler any more and it gets way too thick.

I mix the filler into the B side first ,making note of the volume before and after mixing the filler. then add the apropriate ammnt of A side. Microspheres are non absorbant so mixing them into either component will not disturb the ratios, it will just throw off the measured volume. Trying to mix the filler into the A&B after they have been combined is no good as you will be wasting time folding the filler in and trying to beat the clock before the resin kicks.

M

I try not to use more than half the total volume of filler any more and it gets way too thick.

I mix the filler into the B side first ,making note of the volume before and after mixing the filler. then add the apropriate ammnt of A side. Microspheres are non absorbant so mixing them into either component will not disturb the ratios, it will just throw off the measured volume. Trying to mix the filler into the A&B after they have been combined is no good as you will be wasting time folding the filler in and trying to beat the clock before the resin kicks.

M
Your amazing Matt!
Is there anything you don't know when it comes to making guns .
yes I am a fan of your work . That sounded so hard ! lol

Nothing new to report. Its been a hectic week. I'll be ordering more resin tomorrow, hopefully I should have a new casting done sometime next week.

The foregrip's been mastered, but needs some more finishing before I pour the mold for it.

Had to do something while waiting for that bird to cook.

Still need to put the selector switches on the main body and add the manufacturer markings and magazine markings. The foregrip has gone back to the drawing board as I wasn't quite satisfied with how the first build came out. So that's the next part of the project. Or if I get a terminal case of the lazies, I'll slap a vertical grip on the bottom rail and call it a SOPMOD variant.

I'd say this build is about 85% of the way to being complete. Comments, critiques, suggestions welcome.

CARBrifle02.jpg

CARBrifle.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back