Autographed communicators

BrundelFly

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
How do you all feel about getting props signed? Just curious.

We actually made these in 1998, be gentle, it was before we had all the current info that we do now.
The vacuuform buck was carved out of wood by hand, and the grills were drilled by hand also. We used Train wheels or washer under the crystals.

We made these just to get them signed. Two sets of four.
I have never photographed them til recently, and only looked at them about 4 times since I put them away in 98. Sad story, don't ask.

autocoms.jpg

autocoms2.jpg

img002dz.jpg

Last edited:
Those look great! Forget accuracy, they're good for the time, and the workmanship is tops. I don't like autographs on props or models in general, but if it's made for the purpose it's fine.

I generally don't do it but there are exceptions. My Jeannie bottle for instance, signed by Larry & Barbara.

If I do get a prop signed I try to do it in a way that it doesn't detract from the piece. Those communicators are awesome though. :)

Making a prop replica just to get it signed is cool. What drives me up the wall are people who get screenused props, signed.

Thanks!
Yeah I would never have a real prop signed. I wanted to get the signatures, but photos felt so lame.

I wanted something worthy of the sigs. George Takei dug em, and even ask for a Beam up as "Sulu". He was really cool.

They were so rushed, the SMALL Grid in the front next to the knobs was actually resin!
I replaced em with real metal ones later. Also, Ill probably fix the crystals, but, to be honest,...I kinda like the train wheels!

Thanks for the kind words.

I love the fact that Nichelle is sitting in the Captains chair! :lol

Yeah! I have pics of George in it too. he didn't want to get out of it.

Jimmy just sat there. He was pretty frail. Walter, was so bored, he couldnt wait to leave. I saw his eyes roll when Nichelle began the Martin Luthor King story. I bet he has heard it more than twice.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back