Aussie Rapunzel WIP thread! Pic-heavy post.

Izzzie

Hey all,

I've been lurking on RPF for a little while now, and felt that now that I've covered my kitchen in wig hair (I wish I was joking :wacko ) I was worthy enough to start my WIP thread for Rapunzel!

I fell in love with the movie Tangled as soon as it came out, and was delighted when my boyfriend loved it just as much as I did (the Flynn/Maximus interactions are exactly his type of humour) and offered, without prompting, to be my Flynn if I wanted to do Rapunzel. This doesn't happen very often :lol so I decided to take up the challenge!

I would like to thank a couple of the other forum members, particularly Aelynn, who I came across on tumblr and has been invaluable in answering my many (many many many!) questions.

This build thread will probably be quite different to some of the others, because a lot more of my time has had to go into sourcing. I live in Perth, the most isolated capital city in the world, and all our leather manufacturers and a lot of industry are on the other side of the country; we have no Tandy's in Perth, no Disney Store, and a lot of the little things you might not have to think about have been really annoying to track down, to the point that I figured why not document it for other Aussie cosplayers? :)

------------------------ THE WIG ------------------------
I'll be doing Rapunzel's braided hair:
393626_10150585327691718_565451717_11550188_1857402155_n.jpg

I'm still drawing out the spoonflower images for my bodice fabric, which means that actually I've started this particular build with the massive wig!
I'm following this tutorial: Rapunzel's Wig Tutorial 1 by *echoing-artemis on deviantART but with elements of Aelynn's method thrown in. I really recommend looking through both EchoingArtemis' tutorial for the wig, and just Aelynn's thread in general.

Here is my base wig (there's four more where that came from!)
408986_10150585103176718_565451717_11549775_1911958131_n.jpg

I'm not entirely happy with the colour; it feels too golden to me! However, considering the fact that I was on a relatively limited budget for the base wigs, and I plan on SMOTHERING my wig in flowers, I don't think they were too bad. I haven't steamed the fringe into its "swoop" yet, but I've had some good fun practicing on my wig head how to braid the front!

376049_10150585103806718_565451717_11549780_958985213_n.jpg

Mullet-man, my trusty wig head, has never looked so pretty.

And here is what my kitchen table looked like to start!
399707_10150589868766718_565451717_11567110_803173320_n.jpg

photo.php

I bought my extensions from buyhair.co.uk as the shipping costs are less from the UK to AUS than from US sites, and I bought them in 'peach', which I felt would go better with my wig hair colour. It's a lovely light gold.

Also on the table you can see the electrical piping insulation tubing from Aelynn's tutorial that will form the bulk of the braids - EchoingArtemis used batting, but I feel like it'd be too fluffy and too heavy for not enough bulk! There's more than three because I'm relatively tall for a girl (171cm) and I need to lengthen them before I cover them in pantyhose, so the extra are there for length.

First of all, let me just say that caulk and wigs don't go together as well as EchoingArtemis' tutorial makes them seem... either that or I missed a step, because that made a HORRIBLE mess. Because I come from a sewing background, I got so frustrated that I eventually just folded over some iron-on interfacing over one end of my second piece of extension, ironed it down (A word of warning: this only worked because my extension hair was kanekalon, a heat-resistant fibre!) and then sewed over it and trimmed the end to make a weft; like so:
402738_10150589868586718_565451717_11567106_642565113_n.jpg

407682_10150589868936718_565451717_11567113_174602801_n.jpg

The caulked weft (there are three, for the braid) is still curing at the moment but it's so much heavier than the sewn weft... I think I may just trim the caulk off and sew it like the sewn weft. I'm a bit worried about the loss of flexibility, and the fact that the interfacing is white and so may show from the front once the wefts are sewn in. Does anyone have any advice for this? Should I give caulking another go?

------------------------ THE DRESS ------------------------
I've already bought my cable ties for boning. Yes, cable ties! A friend of mine who makes medieval reproduction corsets swears by the strength of cable ties for boning, and refuses to use anything else. Many costumiers feel that cable ties twist laterally less readily than plastic boning, making them more suitable for boning. I hate the process of inserting boning - or worse, having to fix or replace twisted or bent boning! - with a passion so anything that is going to be more sturdy is a plus in my eyes!

My bodice is being adapted from a boned bodice pattern from a pirate costume pattern set.... I don't have the number on me and I've yet to take a photo, but there was a lot wrong with the pattern. It needed lengthening at the waist because I have a long torso and it finished too high on the waist, there's an underbust seam that I will be doing as a 'false' line after it is sewn, I needed to raise the bust so that it was modest enough to wear as a standalone garment rather than over a loose shirt as originally intended, and as befits a Disney princess... but it is a great pattern and I'm really enjoying making the toille at the moment (basically a canvas and cotton drill mockup to check the fit). More pics of that to come.

Because I'm making this for a convention at the end of January and later for my 21st birthday in late february, I'm a little pressed for time for the convention. However, there's less pressure for that than my birthday, because Wai-con holds a *Japanese-based only* cosplay competition, so I'll just be wandering around in my costume rather than being judged on it.
If I don't send away for my spoonflower fabric soon, I'll probably have to end up dyeing the mockup pink as a temporary fix for the con, then finishing my bodice in the proper fabric in february.

The skirt embroidery is still giving me conniptions. :confused I really want to hand embroider it all, but I'm considering just borrowing one of the auto-embroidery machines from my local pfaff store and giving it a whirl instead because it'd be a lot faster and give me less chance of doing myself an RSI! I've heard changing between colours is quite a pain though. If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it.

------------------------ THE CROWN ------------------------

I don't want to jinx it :behave so I'm just going to leave this image here until an ebay auction I'm following closely ends on Thursday.
391112_10150590442896718_565451717_11568578_1098186712_n.jpg

------------------------ THE... SHOES??? ------------------------

The con I'm attending has a footwear policy, so I have to wear shoes inside. I feel like since Rapunzel is such a free spirit, TOES must be shown! This knocks out my mum's suggestion of pink ballet flats.

My two current options are:
404451_10150590312541718_565451717_11568133_1303583080_n.jpg

I found these shoes today at a local shoe store. It's really hard to see in this photo, but the little crystal on the top strap is actually a teardrop shape, like in her crown. I was going to go for pink ballet flats, but the fact that she's barefoot seems such a large part of her character design that I wanted to see TOES. And they're nude coloured, because, well, PODIATRIC NUDITY.

The second option, I think, will make a few of you laugh. :confused
1i_Color_selectionmt.jpg

STICKY SANDALS! :behave

These stick on to the bottom of your feet and have no straps. I was thinking of going for either pink or lilac to match my fabrics, or finding out the colour of the carpet at the con and trying to match that so they blend as much as possible! :lol

....I think that's a long enough first post. :lol Please let me know what you guys think!

PS: because leather supplies down here are so limited, and I'm taking inspiration from aimeekitty's amazing leather Flynn so I don't want to use vinyl, my Flynn's doublet *may* have to be made out of kangaroo leather. How's that for local interpretation?! :cool

Minor update:

The seller who was selling the crown on eBay took it down, as the 'item was no longer available'. She must have sold it to a RL friend or something... beyond crushed right now.

Well I am not much into wigs and anything like that, well, until the day turns into night, and I have had a drink or two, anyhow.

But it’s good to see another Aussie having a go, so keep working, as you have placed alot of work into it, and I very much would like to see you completed costume.

Last edited:
Izzzie!! :D

You started!

I'm so excited to follow and I'll definitely be popping in to hopefully answer any questions or provide tips ( though I think we've pm'ed about so much over here and tumblr already. XD ).

I can't wait to follow your progress! And I love the colour of your wigs. Mine is very golden in person too, but with flash looks a bit lighter. I prefer the more natural colours over the lighter ones anyways though as they look more realistic and less plastic-y. You can always sell that one on ebay when it's all made ( i'm sure someone would love it! ) and put the funds towards a new one later on. =3

Just chiming in, kanekalon isn't a heat resistant fiber in itself. You do have to search for it specifically. Most imported cosplay wigs are kanekalon and not heat resistant and will frizz away to death if you apply TOO MUCH heat on them ( they're ok up to a certain temperature, but I can't remember what that number it ).

personally, I like sewn wefts, just make sure you really really sew it in there good. it's better if you use bias tape close to the color of your wig hair. can you color it...? regardless you're going to be attaching it UNDER your base wig hair, lift up several wefts of your base wig hair and sew it there, ideally your base wig should entirely hide it.

also,... because Rapunzel's hair is (YAY!) braided and covered in flowers,..., you can CHEAT a lot. like taking your base wig hair and covering the weft, and then wrapping that in a hair tie, and then putting a big ol FLOWER on it.

ps, with nice fluffy yakky hair like that you may or may not need the tubing inside. I didn't. I originally was going to put foam inside,... but the hair was already so fluffy and light, I just stuck with a boatload of yakky with a bit of more silky hair mixed in.

Well I am not much into wigs and anything like that, well, until the day turns into night, and I have had a drink or two, anyhow.

But it’s good to see another Aussie having a go, so keep working, as you have placed alot of work into it, and I very much would like to see you completed costume.

I concur!

And Izzzie, if only you were making something star wars related then we could swap notes. I'll be watching regardless to see your fabrication techniques as it can all come in handy :thumbsup

Go team Perth!

Oh my gosh, you guys, thank you so much for your kind messages!!! You have no idea how much you've made me smile this last couple of days :) I had a really great response typed out but then my Internet derped- twice! - so apologies if this seems a little short :) no pics right now- I've been taking lots of eBxciting progress pics which I can post tomorrow.

Greylocke- I'm glad your daughters like it! One of the sweetest stories that made me want to do rapunzel in the first place was the story of an amazing cosplayer, Adella (check her out if you haven't already- your daughters will flip!!), who was having a photo shoot in her Belle ball gown at a public botanical gardens. She had a little girl come up to her and ask her where Beast was!!! :lol

Rassilon: fellow Aussie, I salute you!

Aelynn and Aimee: I'm not ashamed to admit that when I saw you'd both commented, I ran around squeeing for half an hour at least!! Thanks so much for the encouragement!!! :D

SChristides: A FELLOW PERTH RPFer?! :O *glomps* so good to see another from our little town masquerading as a city!! Also, re: star wars- I've made an Anakin costume for my boyfriend for his 18th birthday- including enormous Jedi cloak which used almost 6.5m of beautiful (expensive) wool, since he's 6'6". The plan was for me to make Padme's rainbow dress to go with it- I have all the materials, but I haven't got around to it yet. Hopefully this year, maybe?? I'm not as hopeful as I could be, given that I'm making rapunzel for my 21st birthday. If you'd like I could post up some detail shots of my Anakin? :) I like your steampunk Boba!!!

So, here's what's been happening! (pics to come tomorrow)

-------------- THE WIG ---------
The three wig "sausages" of hair are complete, but still need to be steamed to relax the curls (one more day should do it!) and then I can spray down the ends so I can start plaiting! The tutorial recommended caulk but argh caulk is the bane of my existence, so we'll see how I go. I find it annoyingly sticky.

I still think it looks a bit thin, but replacement wigs won't arrive in time for Wai-con so I need to stop obsessing and sticking in fake flowers.

Spotlight here has had a massive sale, meaning I've bought almost all of my fake flowers! I can't seem to find any silk baby's breath anywhere, but I have a recommendation for a florists supplies shop to check out tomorrow.

Also, I saw an idea on another forum that another Rapunzel had- since the flowers in her hair are sort of loosely grouped, I'm going to see "bunches" of flowers onto those snap-shut clips. That way, later I can go back into my wig braids and add more hair if I want to later - or even better, EL wire to make it glow!

----------- THE BODICE ----------
...is looking pretty great. I've done a whole bunch of detailing to it and I'm really happy how it turned out.

However, probably the most interesting thing about the bodice is actually the fabric! Remember how I've been tearing my hear out over Spoonflower? (some are just born with the spatial awareness to *get* something like that intuitively. I'm not so good with the intuition thing!) :behave

Anyway, having scoured two different Spotlight stores for the kind of fabric I need, I'd all but given up hope on finding a fabric. Then my mum took me to this cheerful and very cramped fabric store near her work- AND THERE, IN THE PRINTED COTTONS SECTION, was ONLY ABOUT THE MOST PERFECT RAPUNXEL FABRIC EVER!!!! :D

I'll let you guys see it and see what you think :)

There's a lot of detail work on the bodice that's a bit hard to explain without pics, so I'll leave it there for now.

-------- THE SKIRT --------

Maybe it's just me, but I found the purple IMPOSSIBLE to match! So I did what Aelynn did, which was to pick a sympathetic lilac and work from there to create my colour palette. I wanted my colours to be quite distinct lilac and pink, which means that my bodice tie and a few other things won't be as bright a pink as they should probably be.

Unfortunately, finding that lilac also proved tricky! In the end, to get the kind of fine delustred Duchess satin that I wanted , I went to a bridal fabrics store. It was a bit pricey, but worth it. They didn't have the exact one I wanted, so I settled for one in a slight stretch satin (still delustred, still great colour)! This will make hemming annoying, as to allow the hem to drop fully more quickly (and for a decent drape at the bottom edge) I basically have to make the dress excluding hem, let it hang to settle for 7 days, then hem it. But the cutting on the bias should give a really nice shape because it'll pull everything in, haha!

The best part is, because of the aforementioned sale at Spotlight, I picked up a Vogue pattern for the skirt for $2AUD!!!!

I'm not going to have time before Wai-con to do all the embroidery, so I'm going to use something I'm very familiar with- Heat-n-Bond. I've bought some great coloured silks, and I'll make a stencil, stick some heat-n-bond on them, and cut around the flowers to stick them straight on to the skirt (once it's fallen). Hopefully the shininess will resemble embroidery. Also the thing I love about this method is that if I have time later to embroider properly, I can sew over the designs by using them as a guide! :) I'll post some examples of heat-n-bond, if nobody knows what I'm talking about.

------ THE SLEEVES ---------
Highly recommend footless ballet tights for these! I've trimmed the tips to see into the puff sleeve part once it's made, and haven't had any problems with how they're holding up to having lace handsewn onto them.

Having trouble altering my puff sleeve pattern. It's just too big! :p

And finally, the best for last;
------------ THE CROWN ---------
I contacted the eBay seller of the aforementioned crown, just in case she decided to re-list it; she haggled with me on price, and my boyfriend offered to buy me the crown as our three years of dating present! I bought him Altair's sword from Assassin's Creed last year, saying something cheesy about how he could use it to protect me (but really I just wanted to buy him a sword! :lol) and so he's been saying that I'm his princess. If it wasn't me, I'd be barfing right now with the saccharine sweetness- but as it is, I think it's really romantic and lovely of him :)

Since the seller is in the US, and my dad takes business trips over there all the time, he's picking up the crown for me this week :p so rather than pay a ton in insured shipping, I'm getting my parcels insured by Dad post! :lol

I'm already sourcing crystals to replace the pearls. I also want to see if I can get swarovski AB crystals to replace the main three, which as far as I'm aware hasn't been done before because of the flat back. A friend of mine who is in production design is fairly confident that he can dremel straight through the back for me so I can actually have clear crystals, like in the movie!

I really hope it works, basically. I got some great red stones for the red though!

So that's where I'm at at the moment. Can't wait to show you the bodice, I'm so happy with it. I just need to finish the armholes... which is the step I hate the most, I always screw it up somehow! :p

I like the "Dad Post" thing. My kids constantly have me getting stuff for them. I can't wait to see how this is coming together. If it looks anything like Aelynne it will be fabulous.

Minor update - I lost my phone, with a bunch of progress photos on it. I'm hoping it turns up before the con on the weekend, otherwise I'll be spamming you with finished pictures!

Today I finished the sleeves (including bottom stretch sheer part and topstitching all the ribbon, which was pretty exciting! The sleeves will be a little different to your standard sleeves though... I've also sewn a facing to the top edge that has velcro on it, so the sleeves can be removeable if it gets too hot - which is seeming very likely right now. I'm a little worried about the convention, since on Sunday it's going to be 42 degrees C. According to my converter that's... 107ish F? And HUMID. So I'm still figuring out if I'm going to wear the blonde wig. I will have it completed for sure, but I'm worried about contracting heatstroke and may just wear a brown short one I have lying around instead!

I'll definitely have some more photos for y'all in a few days. Sorry for the delay!

I feel a little sad that this is changing into different steps for before the convention/for my birthday, but I guess it can't be helped. As a few examples; my central panel isn't patterned for the skirt, but I have fabric to dye for it in time for my birthday. My wig hair is looking a bit too thin, but I have more wigs arriving in time for my birthday to thicken it up. My slip hasn't been made for under the skirt because it's definitely too hot to wear it! :3

On the other hand, I'm so very proud of what I've achieved so far.
- I have made a corset from scratch for the FIRST time, including hammering in the eyelets (a terrifying experience!)
- I have made my first ever wig - and the biggest one that any of my cosplay friends have EVER attempted.
- I have come up with my own unique solutions for the heat like removable sleeves and a detachable back sheer panel (this also allows me to have one with buttons for photoshoots with a short wig, and one without the buttons so that my long blonde wig won't get tangled in them), as well as allowing me to wear the corset bodice without the sleeves as an everyday item of clothing :)
- I have bought LEATHER to do my Flynn's doublet in time for my birthday! I'm so excited because I've NEVER worked with leather before.

ANYWAY, there will be a bunch more progress photos coming once I find my phone! It got buried under a pile of cosplay stuff for the convention, and it's on silent. :behave

Thanks so much for sticking with me this far! :)

Minor update - I lost my phone, with a bunch of progress photos on it. I'm hoping it turns up before the con on the weekend, otherwise I'll be spamming you with finished pictures!

Today I finished the sleeves (including bottom stretch sheer part and topstitching all the ribbon, which was pretty exciting! The sleeves will be a little different to your standard sleeves though... I've also sewn a facing to the top edge that has velcro on it, so the sleeves can be removeable if it gets too hot - which is seeming very likely right now. I'm a little worried about the convention, since on Sunday it's going to be 42 degrees C. According to my converter that's... 107ish F? And HUMID. So I'm still figuring out if I'm going to wear the blonde wig. I will have it completed for sure, but I'm worried about contracting heatstroke and may just wear a brown short one I have lying around instead!

I'll definitely have some more photos for y'all in a few days. Sorry for the delay!

I feel a little sad that this is changing into different steps for before the convention/for my birthday, but I guess it can't be helped. As a few examples; my central panel isn't patterned for the skirt, but I have fabric to dye for it in time for my birthday. My wig hair is looking a bit too thin, but I have more wigs arriving in time for my birthday to thicken it up. My slip hasn't been made for under the skirt because it's definitely too hot to wear it! :3

On the other hand, I'm so very proud of what I've achieved so far.
- I have made a corset from scratch for the FIRST time, including hammering in the eyelets (a terrifying experience!)
- I have made my first ever wig - and the biggest one that any of my cosplay friends have EVER attempted.
- I have come up with my own unique solutions for the heat like removable sleeves and a detachable back sheer panel (this also allows me to have one with buttons for photoshoots with a short wig, and one without the buttons so that my long blonde wig won't get tangled in them), as well as allowing me to wear the corset bodice without the sleeves as an everyday item of clothing :)
- I have bought LEATHER to do my Flynn's doublet in time for my birthday! I'm so excited because I've NEVER worked with leather before.

ANYWAY, there will be a bunch more progress photos coming once I find my phone! It got buried under a pile of cosplay stuff for the convention, and it's on silent. :behave

Thanks so much for sticking with me this far! :)

Sorry about your phone, hopefully it turns up soon. But I'm excited that you are getting it further along. And my daughters are banging on me every day to check yours and Aelynns threads :lol It's starting to hurt my shoulder....

I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE YOUR PROGRESS!

I've been lurking almost every day for pictures but now that I've read your last post, I'm so excited to see the (almost) finished ones when you post them!!!! *o*

greylocke, oh! that's inspiring!!! I guess I should start working on mine again. I've been SO so lazy. :|

THE CON WAS GREAT FUN :D

We won a prize for our saturday cosplay, as characters from .hack legend of the twilight bracelet (let me know if you want me to throw up a pic of the winning group!) so on sunday I was able to go up on stage as Rapunzel to collect my medal and prizes with my group. There will be posed professional photos coming soon but for now, enjoy these ones!

Close up, showing off my lace neckline, crown and AMAZING contact lenses (never buying from anyone else ever again!) Please ignore my creeper boyfriend, he decided to photobomb :behave
401983_10150633942021718_565451717_11707500_269601737_n.jpg

Stage photos of us receiving our medals! My posture is pretty bad here- I had to bend over so she could get my medal over the crown hahaha :D the corset fits a lot better than it looks here, I'm not that chunky!
422433_10150501830721911_623576910_9374817_2026256925_n.jpg

And here's another, showing my frying pan - but sadly not my Pascal, sewn to my shoulder! I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW YOU HIM HE WAS SUCH AN EXCITING ADDITION TO MY COSTUME.
425415_10150501832266911_623576910_9374826_537729021_n.jpg

I found my phone and all the photos on it, so just let me upload them over the next couple of days. My mum got one of me in costume right before heading out :)

A lot of people were VERY positive about my costume, though I want to change a few things, including remaking the skirt in its entirety (the embroidery on the bottom edge is not finished for this exact reason) and including some amazing fabric for the central panel which goes on sale at my local spotlight tomorrow, and of course the long blonde wig is coming too. I put so much work into the wig but tripped up sewing the wefts in in entirely the wrong spot (too far forward) so I had to use one of my spare wigs and go as short haired Blondie at the last minute. I don't think that's a negative thing though - a lot of people are encouraging me to go the whole way and do two things:
1) finish the blonde wig this week for my 21st party
2) EL wire it for the next convention, where I intend to enter her in competition, in July.

This means that the blonde wig will still be a surprise for all my friends who attended the convention, but will also be attending my birthday!

I have a friend who should be able to help me with the electroluminescent wiring, and perhaps even making it remote controlled so I can get it to turn on onstage while I sing the healing incantation! That would be the ideal result. My Flynn costume will also be started this week, as my boyfriend will be coming to my 21st as Eugene. We bought some beautiful leather in the perfect colour early last week.

Sorry about the filler post - more build photos coming soon!!

I'm also super happy the crown arrived in time. It was a present from my boyfriend for our 3 years together, and so we have some adorable posed photos of him crowning me at the con :)

Last edited:
I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE YOUR PROGRESS!

I've been lurking almost every day for pictures but now that I've read your last post, I'm so excited to see the (almost) finished ones when you post them!!!! *o*

greylocke, oh! that's inspiring!!! I guess I should start working on mine again. I've been SO so lazy. :|

THE CON WAS GREAT FUN :D

We won a prize for our saturday cosplay, as characters from .hack legend of the twilight bracelet (let me know if you want me to throw up a pic of the winning group!) so on sunday I was able to go up on stage as Rapunzel to collect my medal and prizes with my group. There will be posed professional photos coming soon but for now, enjoy these ones!

I found my phone and all the photos on it, so just let me upload them over the next couple of days. My mum got one of me in costume right before heading out :)

A lot of people were VERY positive about my costume, though I want to change a few things, including remaking the skirt in its entirety (the embroidery on the bottom edge is not finished for this exact reason) and including some amazing fabric for the central panel which goes on sale at my local spotlight tomorrow, and of course the long blonde wig is coming too. I put so much work into the wig but tripped up sewing the wefts in in entirely the wrong spot (too far forward) so I had to use one of my spare wigs and go as short haired Blondie at the last minute. I don't think that's a negative thing though - a lot of people are encouraging me to go the whole way and do two things:
1) finish the blonde wig this week for my 21st party
2) EL wire it for the next convention, where I intend to enter her in competition, in July.

This means that the blonde wig will still be a surprise for all my friends who attended the convention, but will also be attending my birthday!

I have a friend who should be able to help me with the electroluminescent wiring, and perhaps even making it remote controlled so I can get it to turn on onstage while I sing the healing incantation! That would be the ideal result. My Flynn costume will also be started this week, as my boyfriend will be coming to my 21st as Eugene. We bought some beautiful leather in the perfect colour early last week.

Sorry about the filler post - more build photos coming soon!!

I'm also super happy the crown arrived in time. It was a present from my boyfriend for our 3 years together, and so we have some adorable posed photos of him crowning me at the con :)

Aelynn, It's not too bad, just can't lift my arm too high, just a bit above shoulder level.

Izzie, it looks really good, I can't wait to see your pascal.

Here's one of my Pascal a bit more visible. He's the German resin model, very screen accurate... he's just TINY :p

403055_10150543974088439_649258438_9029833_973725232_n.jpg

I used to be quite good at sculpting with polyclay when I was younger- the plan is to copy this Pascal only at a larger scale :) I'm looking online for stockists though since my old one has gone out of business :S

It's a good thing I'm looking at this before the girls get up for school. I don't think my shoulder could take it :)

Pro photos here! :d

Hahahaha oh greylocke - not to spite you or anything, but it always makes me grin to imagine some tiny girls beating on your shoulder to check things :p

HERE ARE THE PRO PHOTOS!
These were all taken by my friend and photographer, Eugene O'Sullivan, (yes, his name is legitimately Eugene!!!) with his company Prince Photography. He's pretty much the go-to guy for cosplay photography in Perth :D I'm super happy with how they turned out - though I wish I'd tightened my corset bodice before the shoot. I'd been walking around a bit and it had loosened, grr.

fd880b3265e00751b873c7ad39e1552ec93d8009.jpg

2adc2a3f30849a1e872fa4108eee5b639d977368.jpg

9a1ae910d917edde0b567cfe9c49d567c239a017.jpg

With my boyfriend Alex :) His Flynn costume will only be completed for my 21st, so he went in plain clothes.
0c06147f5d614e2089c74dd1c588c37823752a1e.jpg

3d9dfc915298d5ab1c4dc2eee8043a097807c2b7.jpg

7c9b63ec2e829a5d4b84f95e27c8eaad87a21945.jpg

And Eugene's personal favourite from the shoot:
67730e1bac81f280c3eec3e27ed339a09d1e4a5c.jpg

Hope you all like them! I'll be adding more build photos VERY SOON.
Today was my 3 year anniversary with my boyfriend, though, so I won't do a bigger post than this right now. (Remember, the crown was a gift!)

Re: Pro photos here! :d

Hahahaha oh greylocke - not to spite you or anything, but it always makes me grin to imagine some tiny girls beating on your shoulder to check things :p

HERE ARE THE PRO PHOTOS!
These were all taken by my friend and photographer, Eugene O'Sullivan, (yes, his name is legitimately Eugene!!!) with his company Prince Photography. He's pretty much the go-to guy for cosplay photography in Perth :D I'm super happy with how they turned out - though I wish I'd tightened my corset bodice before the shoot. I'd been walking around a bit and it had loosened, grr.

With my boyfriend Alex :) His Flynn costume will only be completed for my 21st, so he went in plain clothes.

And Eugene's personal favourite from the shoot:

Hope you all like them! I'll be adding more build photos VERY SOON.
Today was my 3 year anniversary with my boyfriend, though, so I won't do a bigger post than this right now. (Remember, the crown was a gift!)

The girls are 14 and 17, both are multi-instrumentalists and the 17 year old is also in choir and has made the region Honor band 2 years in a row and with the 18 year old has Region Choir tryouts this weekend. All of my kids are wicked smart and talented. I just wish they didn't hit so hard. :lol

The photos look great, please keep up your work on it.

Last edited:
Bump for US time! :)

I'm really glad you like the images. I think the first one is my favourite, though it bugs me that you can't see my green contacts and my lash glue is showing ;____;

Also, greylocke, could you possibly take the images out of your quoted post? This thread is pretty image-heavy already, and I'm having trouble loading it on my phone now because of the extra photos in your post... sorry! :S

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back