Audrey 2 Buildup Progress Thread! All Paid Orders SHIPPED!!

Re: Audrey 2 Buildup Progress Thread! Castings in hand! Updates Started!!

Thanks, buddy!

Here's the latest and greatest... Started the painting process!! Woohoo!! Now's when they really start coming together! I'm laying on the base color now and will start layering the detail colors from there. More pics to come as it progresses.

Thanks for looking!
-B89! :D

Thanks, buddy!

Here's the latest update... starting to layer on the colors. This process is the most time consuming process of the whole build but I believe it's worth the time.

More pics to come!

Those are great, i found my closed mouth version which i got from you ages ago and forgot about, i'm looking for the larger leaves with the pods on, did you offer these at all?

Those are great, i found my closed mouth version which i got from you ages ago and forgot about, i'm looking for the larger leaves with the pods on, did you offer these at all?

Do you mean the three large leaves or the pedals that are on the pod itself? I've never offered them separately but I'll see if I can help you find them.

Sorry yes the larger leaves with the orange little pod things on them, sorry didn't mean to hijack

Your not hyjacking at all, buddy! All Audrey questions, comments and pics are welcome!

The three leaves are from a wreath that I ran across a while back. I like the shape and size and thought it was a pretty good match. I do some slight paint mods to it and add the orange "dots" using a thick paint. I'm not trying to be intinally vague, I just can't remember the name of the paint or the specific type of wreath. However, I'll be buying more in the next few days so I promise I'll post specifics and how I do it the mods as well.

Thanks!

Here's the latest & greatest... The stems are done and the pods are almost done with the detail painting... on the outside. After that, it's on to the interior of the open mouth versions. I'm hoping to have all the pods finished by Thursday then it's on to the foliage!

We're getting there folks!

Thanks for looking!

NICE!

Time for lunch. When ya comin' to the beach?

This is fantastic!! I'm jealous! I want to pick up one of your unfinished kits to make into a puppet really badly. XD Can't wait to see how this all progresses!

Last edited:

Glad to see this is out there and back again! I still have my open mouth kit from the first run (need to get around to putting it together)m and of course, my closed mouth version from that run eons ago sits on my office bookcase - still one of my favorite all time props!

-sctcarts

Thanks, guys! These are fun once yo get rolling on them! Painting has always been my favorite part of doing these.

NICE!

Time for lunch. When ya comin' to the beach?

Hey Ry! I need to get down there soon! Maybe after I get these wrapped up we can plan a time to hook up. I'll stay in touch for sure, buddy!

Now we're getting somewhere! Just a bit more detail shading to be done on the open mouth versions then it's time to paint the veins, after that the pallets and tongues for the open mouths... Then it's time for the final assembly!!!

For those who ordered raw & partially finished kits, those will be shipping next week with the full buildups to follow!

Getting close, guys!

Yep, time for another update! All the detail work on the "heads" are done and the pallets for the open mouth versions are done as well. I'll be wrapping up the tongues today as well, then it's time for assembly!!

Those are great!! :cool:thumbsup

Thanks!! :)

Here's the latest... All the parts needed to start the builds are done! The raw kits and painted only kits will be shipping the first part of next week. The partial and full buildups will ship once they are all complete.

We're getting there, gang!!

Here are the first shipments...

Lazy-8: Open Mouth & Closed Mouth Kits

Jaakub: Open Mouth & Closed Mouth build-ups with added modded pedals added.

I hope you guys like these! Watch your mailbox and get ready to open a vein! :)

The full builds will start shipping next week!

Re: Audrey 2 Buildup Progress Thread! Castings in hand! Shipping Started!!

Oh, those look sweet. Audrey, come to daddy! :love

Re: Audrey 2 Buildup Progress Thread! Castings in hand! Shipping Started!!

Quick update... The final assembly is coming together nicely! I should have pics up of the finished pods later today.

Almost there, gang!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back