Attaching armor pieces

UglyMoFo

Well I got the zipper sorted out, I'm getting it sown on by the local taylor, but now I need to know how to attach the following: knee pads, thigh armor, cannon base, and backpack. Gaunts and shins seem pretty straightforward. Help appreciated.

-UMF

For the thigh armour im going to purchase some cheap belts and attach them to the back. Then wrap it round, im hoping the leather belts will give it a bit more depth. Im thinking velcro for my shoulder paldrons but dont really want to put ant more stiches or glue anything to the skin. Im undecided at the mo.

Personally i just sucked up the horror of glueing my suit and used 2inch industrial velcro, i was worried magnets would not old well enough.

I used IMPACT ADHESIVE, and those velcro patches aint going nowhere hehe.

well thats what i decided to do, i tried EARTH magnets and although they held fine, i was concerned that if my life ever permits me to go to a con they may get popped off easy.

velcro seems a much more secure solution. but it was not nice glueing the velcro on hehe, but the contact/impact adhesive is flexible and very strong.

I agree Lee, im going to a party on sat (only trusted friends so their wont be any damage to the suit) and magnets would do great for a display piece but I need it to be more secure. I will always have shoulder armour on so attaching paldrons this way wont cause a problem. I'll pop to homebase and get some contact adhesive and try this tomorrow night or friday. Im going for leg straps because I may also get some wolf style pads next year to have a change of armour type depending on my mood ha ha.

I put mine on last night, gorilla 30 minute clear adhesive and industrial velcro seems to hold well. Yep, after painting the skin it about killed me to put the adhesive and velcro on it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back