AT-ST Studio Scale inspired by JOE JOHNSTON Sketchs

roback

Hey, guys
From some time now, I've had this idea of making a STUDIO SCALE AT-ST ESB; one day, browsing thru some magazines I came across a drawing of a AT-ST by Joe Jhonston, which showed a very general idea of the model we all know, but with a lot of differences.
I took some measurements of the Studio Scale and got some inspiration from the Joe Johnston drawing and I'm building an AT-ST model, which I've dubbed "Heavy Arms". I've kept its main frame, but i've modified several parts, adding new pieces from various vintage kits (70's and 80's).
As time allows, I'll be working on the legs, but not too soon because Rodmart and I are working overtime to finish all the models we've been working on.
I really hope you like this models and I'll be expecting your comments and opinions!
cleardot.gif

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

Looks brilliant so far!

I'm sure I could find it, but could you show us the sketch your using as reference?

I love it with these concept models when 'the correct' donor kits are looked at for supplying the greeblies.

minifig

Very cool!
I really dig the AT-AT rough scribing lines!

I had an idea to build an IMPS chicken walker some day. Like someone said, it looks a lot like this one. When I was a kid I read the SW comics and in one episode it had an AT-ST looking close to this.

Last edited:
As with your X-wing .....your work and that black plastic/primer make this look so professional. Much like an actual production prototype. Or maybe an old Horizon resin kit. Very cool idea baseing it off of JJ's sketches!

Joe

The viewport looks stunning on this head profile, what leg design are you pondering?
I love the Mak kinda look from the TESB sketchbook, really suits the model.

Lee

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back