AT-ST 3D MODEL

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, well this was always gonna be on my to-do list and as the nasty little brother of the big walker, I just had to model it. Hopefully with a view to having a BIG diorama! I am waiting on some details to finish the AT-AT so I dived into this one, and once again, donned the detective garb to search out the elusive kit parts. As with the Walker I have had huge help from the kitbash gods so this should be spot on in terms of accuracy, Also big thanks to Ogibendogy for his part map work

Got the head done...render time;

AT-ST.jpg

AT-ST 4.jpg
AT-ST 1.jpg

and a little polygroup action
AT-ST 5.jpg

The Chin gun assembly is a total bun fight but I think it's all there;
AT-ST 2.jpg
AT-ST 3.jpg

Sleeping is for wimps! It will be the ESB version. I know that only one side of the original filming prop was finished, mainly on the head, but we have to assume there would be a rough symmetry to the thing , so I will mirror the parts across. Particularly as there were chiral kit parts used for this detailing

I think I got it figured out.....while sitting at the computer doing the modeling, you are actually charging via a USB port, then, once fully charged, you go out and actually build these monster sized creations in a round cycle that never ends so this stuff is being pumped out so fast.

OK...getting close to finishing the modelling on this puppy...still got the Tyrell 6 wheeler tyre to do for the neck rubber and a coupla elusive bits to ID but it's pretty much there. As with the AT-AT I've recently finished, I will print this on my Prusa XL just to check everything fits and is scaled correctly...
It should be possible to make it poseable with a few tweaks, which, I think, is essential for this little character

AT-ST 1.jpg
AT-ST 2.jpg
AT-ST 3.jpg
AT-ST 5.jpg
AT-ST 4.jpg
AT-ST.jpg

OK this model is complete. I have uploaded the files to my Etsy shop for those waiting to try this out but I won't be printing it just yet and probably only at 1/6 when I do. There are 2 ways to do it I reckon...print it as a fixed model in large assemblies or print the armature and kit parts separately and stick them on like they did on the original. The Tyrell, inverted neck tyre could be printed in flexible filament if u want to make it poseable. IMPERIALPRINTHUB - Etsy UK
Final batch of renders, this may be the diorama shot to do from ESB;

images.jpg

AT-ST 10.jpg

AT-ST 14.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back