AT-AT Driver armour

looking good neil - do you know what youre going to use for the white nylon spacers behind he tusks?

Im sure theyre just plumbing parts but ive never been able to find an exact match

Cheers

Jez

looking good neil - do you know what youre going to use for the white nylon spacers behind he tusks?

Im sure theyre just plumbing parts but ive never been able to find an exact match

Cheers

Jez

I've been thinking about this myself. I had the idea to just pour some resin in there to fill up the space a bit, if nothing else.

Scott

Yorkie Fett, the kit comes with everything except the rear canisters, forehead cogs, red and grey squares on either side of the mohawk and the black tape buttons. Those you will have to make yourself.

Lee, I'll see what I can do. :)

AMP, sorry no paint code. I just added white to a 2P grey primer. I eyeballed it.

Nazgul, yep the liner came from MonCal. I hadn't realised it would be included.

Jez, I am going to try these for the tusk disks. I have made them oversized (depth-wise) so I can shape the rear to fit the recesses. The recesses on the helmet are wildly different to each other in shape and size. Apologies for the crap photo, but you get the idea.
0105743.jpeg

Neil, i just bought a pack of them, what is worrying, i didnt think to look, i have a lot of RC gearing here, but nothing that looked good, those little things, will do the job fine....thanks buddy.

On a sound note, Cal and Kathy shipped my chest box, so i can get my little display done soon, till i pop for the armor that is......in white, yes white Jez...i can feel you cringing now buddy :lol

I love the tusk fitment you have made Neil, i used a two way plumbing fitment, and hacked of the thread, this provided me with a flange (a bit big, but its not that bad) to bond the tusks to, and then they thread into the helmet.

Do love this costume though, its about my fave!

lee

Vos, Thanks for the info. MC is telling me the helmet is still in development and will be ready soon (?).
Anyway, when it does come up, I will probably be getting hold of one, so is there any chance you could give me a heads up on where you sourced your extras (especially the canisters and cog/hands).
Thanks again,
Yorkie

Excellent. Should be a relatively cheap fix.
I've got a Screwfix catalogue so I'll start doing a search- failing that, B and Q.

I'm assuming that the MC faceplate is the same one as the TIE helmet. One worry with that is the softness of the details. Is it really much of a concern when you have it on display? Don't know whether to lok into DL's stuff which is sharper (although I don't think he's selling anything at the moment).

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back