AT-AT Driver armour

Laser Brain

Sr Member
This is one of MonCal's awesome kits. I've gone with a light grey automotive finish. I'm not doing the whole costume...just the armour parts mounted on a bust....still gotta mount some more hardware/greeblies and attach the back.

1153165.jpeg

1262560.jpeg

1284295.jpeg

1315766.jpeg

Cheers
Neil

Looks great Neil, ordered my chest box to go with my helmet back in the first part of November, how long you have to wait for your gear bud, its getting silly now.

lee

Nice armor, love that particular armour.
How did you find communication with the maker?
I am struggling to get a reply from them about buying a different set.

Still very nice though and if that is the quality of the product I will try to persevere before I go elsewhere.

Craig

Agreed - it looks superb Neil

Glad youve gone that way on the colour too - even after I was able to show/demonstrate/prove to people that they were grey, it stilll amazes me that some people still decide to go with white

Certainly looking at new hi def versions they are clearly grey on screen - However i think the Hasbro figure and packaging (the over exposed publicity photos)went a long way towards making people think they were white

Cheers

Jez

How did you find communication with the maker?
I am struggling to get a reply from them about buying a different set.

Still very nice though and if that is the quality of the product I will try to persevere before I go elsewhere.

Craig

I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from MonCal. They have top notch stuff, but he gets a little behind on email sometimes. Personally, I find it's worth the wait. If it goes a week or two without a response, just shoot him off another email. Often times Cal's wife ends up working the emails and with as much as I'm pretty sure they get, it can be easy to miss one every now and then.

With gear like that I am not surprised they get snowed under.
I have now had an E-mail from the great mans wife, so an order will be on it's way across the ocean soon.

Craig

Yep. Cal's work is definitely worth the wait.

Lee...hang in there...you won't be disappointed. I waited over 3 months for delivery. I'll definitely be returning for TIE and Snowtrooper stuff.

Scott, the circuit board is made from gold and silver vinyl (I think) transfers applied to the great board.

Nazgul, the parts are pulled in white and painted. White was added to a primer (2-pack) and then lacquered.

Last edited:
Agreed - it looks superb Neil

Glad youve gone that way on the colour too - even after I was able to show/demonstrate/prove to people that they were grey, it stilll amazes me that some people still decide to go with white

Certainly looking at new hi def versions they are clearly grey on screen - However i think the Hasbro figure and packaging (the over exposed publicity photos)went a long way towards making people think they were white

Cheers

Jez

I went with white, why? Because its how i saw it all those years ago as a child, and its stuck im afraid, not trying to be rude Jez, but, thats how i felt about it lol so i made the call for me and my viewing pleasure, not for others :lol.

Neil, thanks buddy, yeah, im sure its worth the wait, i just hate lead times that automatically double, but Kathy has been great in getting back to me.....think im just excited :lol

lee

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back