Assassins Creed: Rouge

Buccaneer Bill

Ok, so I saw the trailer for Rogue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoOsv0FBpaU and wanted to do the main protagonist Shay (or is he the antagonist?)

Anyways, I will be keeping this thread as a project diary. The announcement is very new so I am still waiting for screenshots of him.

Attachments

• assassins-creed-rogue-primi-screenshots_06.jpg
    assassins-creed-rogue-primi-screenshots_06.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
protagonist, looks like a badass game where we get to further explore the opposing side of the assassins, cant wait! you saw the trailer for the game, right? there might be some good screenshots in there, some usable ones at least. looking forward to seeing more!

Any sort of update on this? I started watching a playthrough of Rogue and in addition to Shay's outfit, I'm really loving his character and story so I'm considering possibly cosplaying him next year. I am, however, rather perplexed by his costume, specifically his coat. Is it one coat, that has an outer black layer and an inner red layer? Or is it two coats, one black and one red, that somehow connect (the cuffs of what would be the red coat are buttoned to the sleeves of the black layer, and the red lapels button to the black part)? I've seen very few cosplays of him and no official pictures of him in this outfit with his coat off, so I'm wondering what would make the most sense and be the most practical.

I hope I'm not butting in here but to me it looks like he's wearing from the outside in

1)a black coat of which the cuffs are red
2) It appears that he's wearing a red waistcoat/circus ring leader coat (highly cut above the waist and possibly double-breasted?), the large lapels for that kind of period of costume are pulled out from under the coat so that they are sitting on top of the black coats lapels.
3) a 2nd single-breasted cream coloured waistcoat.

From the picture I'd say the red portions under the coat (bottom half) could either continue from the red waistcoat or could be pieces separately stitched into the coat.
That's quite a lot of layers, you could if you wanted to lighten the load you'll be wearing by amalgamating the design of two waistcoat layers into a single waistcoat, thereby eliminating some of the weight you'll be wearing and trimming down bulk. You may be able to have a waistcoat that looks like two.

I did something similar with a costume I made to make it easier to wear and it stays in place when you're wearing it. (Strangely enough also an Assassin's Creed costume)

http://www.therpf.com/f24/another-assassins-creed-sofia-sartor-bonus-project-216240/

Anyway, this looks a really interesting build and I look forward to seeing the finished result.

The many layers may have a lot to do with the fact that at least some of the game takes place in the arctic.

Hey, sorry about the lack of updates but college. What I am doing is making the outer coat and sleeves right now. I am going to use another template I have to make a waistcoat with extended panels for the front and back. The convention I am making this for is Ikkicon in January, I live in Texas so I want to make this costume be as light as possible!

You may want to start with the under layers first so when you pattern the top layers you account for the increase in measurements the under layers make.

Make sense?

Hey! I'm quite curious how you are going to make this!! Looking forward in seeing your progress. I did made Shay in the beginning of this year so I might be able to give you some tips. I sadly have not many photo's to spam you with since I always do the diehard work modus so I never really make time to make photo's. But I actually can write some stuff down. Lol

I actually started from bottom to top. I made a cream/dirty vest first. Which you'll see under the red waistcoat. Since I made everything and added a few centimeters to make everything fit over each other I also made this part sleevless. (didn't wanted to have to stuff my coat with three layers of fabric in the sleeve part and not being able to move)
It's a rather straight forward pattern that closes in the front with all the tiny buttons. ( It was a unbleached cotton and I dirtied it up with coffee).

The red waistcoat has sleeves and the red pieces all stitched together, so basically all the red you see, minus the red on the black overcoat is all one piece. The red and the cream are all canvas.

The black coat was a bitch, since I haven't made it before and I wanted to make it as perfect as possible. Yet I ended up with seams that didn't shown in the concept art. /sad.
The coat is completly black pleather, dirtied up with gray and white paint. (since you can't weather it like real leather) I added the red parts at the sleeves together with the black. A bit of cheating.

All by all it isn't perfect but I'm quite happy about it since it is basically my first assassin's creed costume and dressing up as a guy. X3

Here a photo of my finished costume

I finished my Shay coat recently and thought people might like to see it. I decided to change it up a little bit, by making the red cuffs part of the coat and adding red lapels that will be covered up by the red tailed waistcoat's lapels on the full costume, so that it would look better when worn without the red waistcoat. I was originally thinking about making the red tails part of the coat, but decided against it since I thought it would look weird without the waistcoat. I used corded upholstery velvet for the main material, pleather for the leather parts, and a lightweight suedecloth for the red parts.

assassin_s_creed_rogue_shay_cormac_coat_all_round_by_timeywimey_007-d942wmr.jpgassassin_s_creed_rogue_shay_cormac_coat_front_back_by_timeywimey_007-d9433ky.jpgshay_cormac_coat_shoulder_collar_details_by_timeywimey_007-d943470.jpgshay_cormac_coat_tag_by_timeywimey_007-d943580.jpg
shay_cormac_coat_sleeve_cuff_button_pocket_details_by_timeywimey_007-d94363d.jpg
More pictures here: http://timeywimey-007.deviantart.com/gallery/54238040/Shay-Patrick-Cormac

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back