Ash vs. Evil Dead (TV Series)

I get that they probably wouldn't be able to use the gauntlet, but they still could have had Ash make another one of a unique design that separates it from the AoD one (maybe even have Ash say that he lost his gauntlet in a drunken bet or something).

As much as I'm loving the show, this episode feels rather short (maybe its because of the fact I'm so used to the ED films being almost two hours long each that when it comes to the show's 30 minute run-time, it feels more like a couple of scenes instead of a full episode). But I love the reference to ED2 when Ash asks the mother what he favorite book was (her response of The Old Man and The Sea is an Ernest Hemingway novel. Ernest Hemingway, for those who don't know, also wrote A Farewell to Arms. And if you've seen Evil Dead 2, you'd get the connection). Can't wait to see next week's episode. :)

i'm still waiting for some one to say " I'LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUULLL! "
or "DEAD BY DAWN DEAD BY DAWN!

lol:cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else wondering what happened to his metal prosthetic he made when he went back in time?
Just a question, please forgive the stupidness of it.

And still calls it the 'Boomstick' which he never would have named if he hadn't gone back in time and dealt with the primitive screwheads.

Yeah I think they are sneaking in what they can.
I have enough imagination that I can make it work.
Perhaps the hand he made in AoD got stolen and he simply forgot how he did it.

Some great footage in the Ep3 sneak peek of the new pages.... think I'll be starting a sculpt of the TV show book cover this weekend... with all these new HD shots of the pages and all, to add to what I already have :)

Some great footage in the Ep3 sneak peek of the new pages.... think I'll be starting a sculpt of the TV show book cover this weekend... with all these new HD shots of the pages and all, to add to what I already have :)

On that thought.....
These new pages are higher in complexity than the original pages we are used to, sort of jarring going from page to page to suddenly go from somewhat simple depictions to becoming something more like professional comic book art, and on top of that we see them animated, so I assume the first frames would be the way to depict them.
Nothing against the original art, it's great and I love it, but the styles are a bit different.

Ah totally, but the old pages were shown in the first episode I believe. Who knows theoretically how long in the "Evil Dead universe" that it took the the Dark Ones to complete the book, one dude, or passed on over different generations of Dark Ones etc. Much the same as any of the old books that sell for gazillions in real life, most of these, the engravings or illustrations contained therein were hand drawn by the individual people who were in possession of the book, for example the Gutenberg bibles, Dante's Divine Comedy etc. So I'd see no problem mixing it up. For everything else, there's always photoshop :D It would probably be best to use the last best frame of any of the animated pages, as the pages tell a story, and best to have the full story in the image.

So just saw the third episode.

Great to see the Kandarian dagger making an appearance! Although, it looks pretty drastically different :(

Seems to be 4-5 good shots of the new pages in it. Definitely something easy to work with in photoshop.

Last edited:
Ahhh I was wondering why he wasn't working at S-Mart.

For an in-universe explanation, they could always say that Valu-Mart purchased S-Mart (which may have been a smaller store at the time). This would explain how Ash has seniority at Valu-Mart, because he was carried over from when he worked from S-Mart.

I loved the effects, from every iteration of Evil Dead and AoD, this is a great episode! Not revealing too much of the other dimension, but showing a glimpse of a new lower demon. I hope to see more of them and much worse than Elagos. AvsED has never been better!

A demon is totally welcome. LOL
Professor Knowby specifically mentioned them so to have one appear is a treat and
we get to avoid a boring pattern of deadite of the week format. I hope they don't make the FX
too good for this series though.
Ash is gifted with a brave idiocy that makes it clear, he is the ONE to battle these effers.
Fear seems to seize up almost everyone else. Almost.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back