Asemblyrequired sculpting contest entry - Kitik Keed'kak full build

asemblyrequired

This is going to be a full sculpting / costume build of Kitik Keed'kak or the praying mantis cantina alien. I am planning on it being at least 7' tall when completed with moving arms and some head motion.

I will be sculpting the head/body and then the Mantis arms. I want the head to move side to side and the arms to have limited motion. I am looking into pneumatics with air tanks underneath where I will be sitting to control her.

This is my first costume build of this type. I have molded/cast before but on a limited basis. I enjoy all the cantina aliens , but there are several that are never put into focus. this will be my first I hope to do several others.

I am currently working on the 3' head to body armature to sculpt onto and then will work toward doing one arm to cast for both. If anyone has additional images please shoot me a email.

-James

Last edited:
Got the upper 3' body armature almost completed. Will be putting clay on it this weekend. Will post pictures. Also planning the arms and how they will have limited movement. Would like to do air cylinders for just some movement. Head will be sculpted and then cast in resin , while the body will be latex due to size and cost.

James

Awesome man, quite the challenge it seems. I love all the lovely creatures from the Cantina scene, and always enjoy seeing new stuff with them. Gentle Giant did a nice job with some of their busts last year, but there are a ton more I'd like to see them take a stab at.

thank man , yeah it's a challenge but I have seen way too many of the other cantina creatures done over and over . There are several others I am working toward as well . I'm entering it into the contest if I can get the head close before the deadline. I'm fairly sure the winners will be more established sculptors from the site . this is more for me to keep working on it.

-James

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back