As You Wish

Thats awesome! Its an older crowd so hopefully there will be some fans, great costume by the way. I was checking it out when I decided to make the Dread Pirate Roberts costume!
Cheers, thanks! Best of luck on the project, I'm looking forward to seeing it come together! Great work so far.

(I went in the other direction on the sword, like a crazy person, buying and then shunning the official replica for not being nice enough and eventually purchasing something more than 4 times the price. :lol Your approach is a lot more reasonable).

I might have to copy your steps and make one of these myself for safety's sake and if I want to go to events without sharp steel (I use a plastic sword from amazon for those occasions and it just feels wrong.) You got some spectacular results!

Last edited:
Cheers, thanks! Best of luck on the project, I'm looking forward to seeing it come together! Great work so far.

I went in the other direction on the sword, like a crazy person, buying and then shunning the official replica for not being nice enough and buying something more than 4 times the price. :lol
Your approach is a lot more reasonable. I might have to make one of these myself for safety's sake and if I want to go to events without steel (I use a plastic sword from amazon for those occasions and it just feels wrong.) You got some spectacular results!

Well having made this sword, I've been tossing around the idea of buying a real steel version....But I can see where this is headed and a new addiction in the prop collecting! hahaha.

I showed a friend the finished sword and he asked if I could make a sword for his costume. I asked who he was costuming as and he replied "Inigo Montoya". Ha, I don't think I have the patients or skill for that.

Well having made this sword, I've been tossing around the idea of buying a real steel version....But I can see where this is headed and a new addiction in the prop collecting! hahaha.
Haha, run away while you still can! I've been sword collecting since the previous millennium and that way lies madness and empty wallets.

I showed a friend the finished sword and he asked if I could make a sword for his costume. I asked who he was costuming as and he replied "Inigo Montoya". Ha, I don't think I have the patients or skill for that.
Well, I don't think ANYBODY does. Other than wizards like Patrick Barta.

Ok here's an update. The bash is tomorrow and I'm really happy that everything really came together smoothly.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back