Artifact discovery: The long-lost ICONS Hero Pulse Rifle Prototype

Not to fan the fire here, but in addition to the evidence presented in this thread, I've also seen the original (unmodified) Sentry gun. Key parts of that are painted Bess Brown, so I think that's a pretty good indication that all the ALIENS stuff was the same color.

Absolutely. Additionally the APC, Dropship, all the props (including the Motion Trackers and welders) were also Brown Bess. Then again I'm no http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1281954/expert either. ;)

Harry

Someone needs to register a new account named "Brown Bess" and redirect all replies to "Green."

It's the only possible course of action.

I find it kind of amusing that the debate between brown bess and OD still happens twenty something years later. Heck, the "tastes great" vs. "less filling" argument didn't last THAT long. :lol

Just for fun, the following two images depict a pulsey that I built some time ago. I used an 'aftermarket' paint product for the shrouds known as earth brown instead of the accepted brown bess. It passes for a cost effective substitute. However, once again, observe its appearance under different lighting conditions and back drops.

img29.jpg

img30.jpg

Honestly, every screenshot and closeup to me looks like Brown Bess under lighting. Add to that the fact that everyone has some degree of color distortion. When you post these pics that reinforce what I think to be brown, and you're saying that it's green "clear as day" I am reminded of this visual deviation.

Honestly, every screenshot and closeup to me looks like Brown Bess under lighting. Add to that the fact that everyone has some degree of color distortion. When you post these pics that reinforce what I think to be brown, and you're saying that it's green "clear as day" I am reminded of this visual deviation.

I can't tell what color they are from those screen captures. I don't see how anyone could, without beforehand having your mind made up they are brown or green. I mean if you want to see green, I'm sure you will see it.

I'm going with this those who REALLY know . . . .

Last edited:
I smell rotting garbage. Like others, I can't believe this has reared its ugly head again.

Some people see what they want to see and it has been proven time and again, that people who worked on films, or say they did, don't always remember things the way they were. They remember them the way they want too. Look at Star Wars and the color of the lenses in the Stormtrooper Helmets, so of the actors clearly remember one color and others remember another color and still others remember a color that didn't exist. :lol

Harry all do respect what do you mean :confused
How is the collection Harry do you own anything or has it all been sold off?
can you still consider it a collection ?

Okay if that wasn't a personal pot-shot I don't know what is! :angry:thumbsdown

Kevin

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back