'ARROW' Boots Anyone?

ATBrooks

Many of you know that I'm doing an ARROW fan film project soon. I'm getting the suit together and what not but I need help finding the boots he wears as well as the strap around the top of them to tuck the bottom of the pant legs into. Anyone?

The "boots" were custom made by sewing a faux upper onto a Nike Free Run 2.

http://www.therpf.com/f77/definitive-cw-arrow-thread-202219/#post3144061

If you're talking about the boots that were on display at SDCC 2012, (boots that have never appeared on screen as far as we can tell), then they have not yet been identified. These boots were the basis for the modified Nike "boots". Stephen is constantly seen wearing Free Run 2's, so it is entirely possible that the SDCC boots were used for the costume fitting but vetoed by Stephen himself before filming even started.

Last edited:
The "boots" were custom made by sewing a faux upper onto a Nike Free Run 2.

http://www.therpf.com/f77/definitive-cw-arrow-thread-202219/#post3144061

If you're talking about the boots that were on display at SDCC 2012, (boots that have never appeared on screen as far as we can tell), then they have not yet been identified. These boots were the basis for the modified Nike "boots". Stephen is constantly seen wearing Free Run 2's, so it is entirely possible that the SDCC boots were used for the costume fitting but vetoed by Stephen himself before filming even started.

So can anyone tell me how to make them appear like the show's then?

So can anyone tell me how to make them appear like the show's then?

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you have to ask even with the information and pictures that have been given, this project may be a bit over your head.

I know Prim has a boot guy (he has a guy for everything! :lol ) that I believe will be doing the modification to his Free Runs.

The short-and-sweet of it:

1. Make a faux boot upper (out of the material of your choice, preferably leather) in a similar fashion to those that can be seen on adult-sized "Halloween Store bagged costumes". Like this.
25166_Boot_Tops2.jpg

2. Have a cobbler sew this to the Free Run 2, just above where the outsole meets the upper... seen here.
ArrowBoots.jpg

Optional:

1. Commission someone to do all of the above.
2. Find a "close-enough" alternative.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you have to ask even with the information and pictures that have been given, this project may be a bit over your head.

I know Prim has a boot guy (he has a guy for everything! :lol ) that I believe will be doing the modification to his Free Runs.

The short-and-sweet of it:

1. Make a faux boot upper (out of the material of your choice, preferably leather) in a similar fashion to those that can be seen on adult-sized "Halloween Store bagged costumes". Like this.
http://www.cappelsinc.com/product_images/catalog19950/25166_Boot_Tops2.jpg
2. Have a cobbler sew this to the Free Run 2, just above where the outsole meets the upper... seen here.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/Primrodo/Green Arrow/Arrow/ArrowBoots.jpg

Optional:

1. Commission someone to do all of the above.
2. Find a "close-enough" alternative.

I don't think it's over my head, I was just curious. Never done boots before. That's why I had asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boot height I know can be important. From what I gather to have the height be closer to screen you want to make sure the boots are at least 10" or greater. I'm seeing 11" as a more common measurement. 8" seems to be running shorter on the scale visually unless you are a shorter individual.

For example look at these Dr. Marten combat boots (yes I grew up in the 90's. Funny seeing these agian :) )
1914 | Mens Boots | Mens | The Official Dr Martens Store - US

1919 | Mens Boots | Mens | The Official Dr Martens Store - US

As you see the 1919 is shorter than the 1914. I know I gave sizing in US measurements and Marten is a UK company the principal I know applies.

I know that one buckle detail is hard to find on boots. If anyone knows the more formal name to share that'd be great.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back